We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, team-focused candidate who not only oversees, tracks and evaluates day-to-day operational activities, but works effectively with peers, managers and key business partners to support a culture of innovation and collaboration.
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
• month and end-year process
• accounts payable/receivable
• cash receipts
• general ledger
• Leverage acquired knowledge and experience to add value to the various operational accounting areas in the department
• Oversee daily processing of incoming ACH exception and outgoing ACH files.
• Process ACH return items and ensure accuracy when debiting and crediting accounts related to ACH domestic and international transactions.
• Demonstrate proactive, positive approach to problem resolution, production improvement and change management.
rack and accelerate month-end close processes.
• Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures, as well as manuals for each operational area.
• Assist with other accounting projects, as necessary.
• Provide recommendations
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
• 3+ years of accounting experience in Accounting Operations, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
• 3+ years of managing people
• Detail oriented with effective time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve and work independently, proactively seeking guidance/support as necessary.
• Must have verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient in the usage of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel & Word) and accounting software