Lazarus Naturals is on a mission to make quality hemp-based CBD accessible to everybody. Its why we own our manufacturing process from start to finishbeginning at our hemp farms in Central Oregon to our extraction, formulation, and packagingall to deliver safe, effective CBD at an affordable price. We provide a 60% Assistance Program to veterans and individuals with disabilities or low-income because we believe everybody should be able to experience the benefits of CBD regardless.
We have a close-knit, fast-paced work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen, competitive pay and full benefits, and were looking for a Chief Operating Officer to join our team.
Beyond technical qualifications and sufficient experience requirements, we at Lazarus Naturals look for people who can thrive in our work environment and actively challenge themselves. We prioritize applicants who can illustrate their capacity to think critically, approach mistakes positively and constructively, as well as the ability to claim responsibility for their actions, whether good or bad. It is equally important that any applicant is able to exhibit an appreciation for proactive honesty and marked flexibility in the face of abrupt change. Moreover, we prefer applicants who share our passion and pride in the work we all contribute to as a team.
This position reports directly to CEO and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Oversee and manage the performance of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, OE, QA/QC, EHS, Distribution, BI, Production, and Farm Ops division leaders to ensure Operations works as a cohesive unit.
- Own the entire seed to shelf operational model - directly responsible for ensuring operational continuity and product quality end-to-end.
- Works in collaboration with the CEO and Executive Team to define and implement the annual operating plan that supports business goals, budget and international strategy.
- Provide high-level oversight and guidance for managing risk and ensuring compliance, including the development and implementation of risk management measures across Operations and the business.
- Regularly review and recommend improvement of SOPs, systems, tools, technologies, practices, and philosophies for business units - with intent to fully automate and implement best-practices wherever possible.
- Develop and execute both long-term and short-term strategies for increased customer satisfaction, safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, working capital management, as well as effectively introduce new products/processes for growth.
- Seeks to develop and mature the brand, increasing throughput and operational capacity while minimizing unnecessary costs and mistakes due to lack of strategic planning.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility and budget adherence throughout the organization. Develops and deploys Operations and Business KPI's to ensure the Executive and Senior Leadership Team have real-time visibility and feedback on operational/business status.
- Build strong, collaborative and trusting relationships with the Exec Team, Senior Leadership Team, floor team-members, the community and local/state/federal stakeholders.
- Emphasizes the value of team-work and accountability. Develops, mentors, and inspires others. Helps foster a culture of operational excellence, value-add, and customer-centric thinking throughout the business.
- Implements programs and initiatives that promote Lazarus Naturals company objectives such as: social impact, environmental stewardship, transparency, and accessibility.
- BA/BS or post-graduate degree in Business, Engineering, Supply-Chain or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of executive level experience managing teams of 200+ or more in a CPG/manufacturing environment.
- 10+ years experience in driving total cost improvements year over year in supply chain operations through sourcing, supplier management, and value (VA/VE) creation efforts.
- 5+ years experience in managing an Agricultural/AgTech division within a business vertical.
- Proven experience scaling manufacturing businesses in emerging international industries that are going through periods of hypergrowth.
- Full comprehension of manufacturing variance (actual vs plan) performance with experience in developing prompt action and improvement plans - including full automation.
- An impeccably strong change agent and influential leader with exemplary experience and success in the areas of Quality, Lean, Six Sigma, Process Improvement, Standardization, Cost Avoidance and Optimization.
- Proven success in introducing and installing processes and procedures to enhance staff and operational performance, productivity, and financial results to meet strategic plans, achieve mission objectives, and support rapid, responsible and sound organizational growth.
- Significant experience working in high-volume, regulated, and matrixed environments.
- Strong working knowledge of operationalizing ERP systems and managing data in regulated environments.
- World-class communication, leadership, and organizational abilities.
- Proven ability to increase market share and accelerate revenue operations required.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance)
- Equity oppurunties
- Employee discount program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401K plan
- FSA & commuter benefits
- Company events
This is a full-time role based in Portland, Oregon. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.