Layton Construction Maui, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Engineer assists Project Managers to ensure that work installed on the project meets plan and specification requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures compliance by becoming intimately familiar with the assigned project plans and specifications. Reviews shop drawing and submittals.
- Reviews plans from the standpoint of value analysis and constructability, ensuring appropriate materials are utilized. Communicates inconsistencies to the architect.
- Recommends labor saving and other cost-saving methods, which will save Layton and/or the owner money in actual construction.
- Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including weekly Owner/Architect meetings and subcontractor coordination meetings. Distributes meeting minutes to participants.
- Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects and follows up for receipt, review, and distribution of information required for project construction.
- Updates project schedules as needed.
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade contractors.
- Works with the superintendent to prepare project schedule, including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and milestones necessary to complete the project on time. Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc.
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
- Advises on proper procedures for concrete pours. Inspects structural reinforcing.
- Coordinates standard slump and compaction testing to verify compliance to specifications.
- Reviews field procedures and final installation of structural elements to ensure compliance of the work.
- Performs work sampling. Observes and analyzes work methods, techniques, and procedures to advise superintendent on improvement of production efficiency.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Expresses self clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language. Expresses ideas clearly in writing. Uses proper organization and grammar.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Flexibility: Willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal.
- Cooperation: Works well with other people. Takes time to help co-workers, customers and others achieve their goals and assignments.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Learning Ability: Has the ability and desire to quickly learn new job-related information.
- The ability to understand and apply OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Problem Solving: Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex instructions.
- One year previous field experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs preferred.
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding concrete construction or preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL- Layton Construction isan equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
TechnologyView all jobs at Layton Construction