- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Assistant provides support for other SBU members to improve the operational processes and procedures; professionally and accurately designs project-related documents; establishes and maintains project files to ensure document control throughout the construction process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles, compiles, and/or prepares the following documents to ensure efficient and complete documentation for construction projects: contracts, purchase orders, owner pay requests, project insurances, bonds, Notices of Commencement, legal documents required for project start/completion, warranties, owners' operations and maintenance manuals, and as-built drawing for closeout; monitors and enforces legal and insurance compliance with respect to all required construction paperwork, including paperwork required in-house.
- Ensures timely responses from subcontractors for contract paperwork.
- Creates and maintains project checklist.
- Works with the superintendent including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and milestones necessary to complete the project on time. Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc.
- Maintains logs reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
- Distributes change requests and follows up for pricing changes.
- Instructs project team in organized filing system and assures its proper use.
- Prepares agendas and other preconstruction meeting documents.
- Records and/or transcribes minutes at the preconstruction meeting.
- Prepares and issues change orders to subcontractors and owners for extra work performed on the project.
- Assists in estimate and buyout of projects.
- Coordinates with project managers to increase understanding of projects and to improve the quality of the project paperwork.
- Discusses and coordinates personal and project goals, important issues, and objectives.
- May administer contracts and purchase orders as assigned by VP.
- Assists in establishing OCIP or CCIP program per contract requirements. Maintains required documents for program.
- Drafts, transmits, and files correspondence.
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade contractors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Types a minimum of 50 wpm
- Has at least 2 years experience in secretarial or administrative work.
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and is able to create basic documents and spreadsheets using each application.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has excellent organization skills; develops systems that provide access to information with the ability to retrieve and deliver required information effectively.
- Adapts to changes quickly with short notice.
- Is flexible: is willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal.
- Has the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; can establish priorities and an effective course of action.
- Has the ability to accomplish routine tasks.
- Shows integrity: maintains the normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Is a team player: works well with other people; takes time to help co-workers, customers, and others achieve their goals and assignments.
- Has the ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a threat of harm to self or others.
- Previous experience working in an administrative role in a construction company preferred.
- Knowledge of basic work methods, techniques and systems used by Layton Construction preferred.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications preferred.
- One to two years post high school administrative assistant training preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL - Layton Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
TechnologyView all jobs at Layton Construction