- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Salt Lake City and supported by 12 offices nationally, at Layton we're builders and we're family! Through delivering predictable outcomes, we've been inspiring confidence in our customers since 1953. We know that behind every project are the highly skilled people making it happen every day, which makes investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds a top priority. We want the opportunity to help you achieve your career goals.
Joining Layton isn't just a new job, it's a career move that will provide lasting success for you and your family!
This position is responsible for implementation of corporate, field and office ESH policies and procedures in assigned business units and/or larger project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in establishing safety culture within the assigned operating business unit(s).
- Manages safety programs on all projects including Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) or other complex risk management projects.
- Provides regulatory and policy review and interpretation and technical advice.
- Recommends improvements to and provides technical review of ESH tools, processes, policies, and training.
- Continually reviews leading indicators from audit summaries, daily observations, and injury statistics to propose structured programs to continually lower risks associated with potential accidents and losses to assigned projects. Shares data with ESH Director to develop corporate safety trends.
- Provides monthly statistical information to the ESH Director for analysis and future safety program planning.
- Assists the ESH Director with monitoring new legislation that would affect correct safety policies and procedures and proposes necessary changes to policies and procedures.
- Monitors workers' compensation issues on Layton projects and works closely with the ESH Director on these issues.
- Conducts incident review meetings with project managers, superintendent, and foremen, and involved employees to debrief and to train on future accident avoidance.
- Monitor and follows through on Layton safety issues at project sites.
- Oversees monthly audit program to document compliance to standards and safety program effectiveness.
- Implement training program through the company to achieve desired results of injury free environments and to achieve OSHA/MSHA compliance.
- Oversees company incentive program with ongoing input to enhance the program.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings for assigned business unit projects, highlighting project safety needs and issues.
- Ensures accident reporting is accurate and prompt with prevention measures implemented.
- Assists with injury management to ensure industrial medical care is provided with attention given to cost control.
- Assists project supervision and ESH Coordinators with safety disciplinary measures and enforcement when necessary.
- The ESH Manager is responsible for safety program development, implementation, and oversight in the assigned operating business units.
- The ESH Manager is responsible for field implementation of the safety health and environmental policies and procedures on all assigned projects either directly or through the ESH Coordinator.
- Functionally supervises the safety behavior of all craft workers and employees in the assigned business unit.
- Duties to include supervising ESH Project Managers
- This position interacts with the SBU's, craft personnel, site supervision, Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting to ensure efficient administration of ESH issues.
- This position interfaces with government agencies, including the OSHA, the EPA, and MSHA. Also, represents the company with AGC, ABC, and other outside construction related organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Has Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety & Health or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Integrity: Maintains the normal standards of ethics, conduct and organizational policies in job-related activities consistent with Layton's "Constructing with Integrity."
- Has good problem solving ability: Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex instructions.
- Has excellent knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations and applies them to the conditions found on project sites.
- Multi-Tasks: Is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understands and applies industrial hygiene principles.
- Attends to detail: Accomplishes a task thoroughly with concern for all aspects, no matter how small. Focuses on the specifics. Is accurate and meticulous.
- Demonstrates good presentation skills.
- Has good computer skills. Has basic command of Power Point, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal relations: Maintains effective relationships with others. Uses tact. Is sensitive to feelings and needs of others. Shows ability to solve grievances.
- Has good verbal communication skills: Expresses self clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language in expressing self.
- Has good written communication skills: Expresses ideas clearly in writing. Uses proper organization and grammar.
- Uses equipment, such as telephone, copier, fax, gas detector, light meter, and noise monitor.
- Demonstrates integrity; maintains a high stands of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Performs essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safety with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.
- Decision-Making: Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of actions. Makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions, using all available information. Carries out responsibilities even if the decision is unpopular. Acts without precedent after weighing all options.
- Delegation: Assigns decision-making and other responsibilities to subordinates. Uses subordinates effectively.
- Professionalism: Displays professional appearance and conduct. Makes a good impression on others.
- Patience: Refrains from acting hastily even under difficult circumstances.
- Subordinate Development: Uses available training and development resources to improve subordinates' skills and abilities. Helps subordinates qualify for future job opportunities.
- Organizational Cooperation: Is familiar with the Layton and its business units. Stays abreast of changing situations to identify problems and opportunities. Understands how activities and decisions will affect other parts of the organization. Organizes various types of people to accomplish goals and objectives
- 2 to 5 years additional ESH experience preferred.
- ASP and CSP accreditations preferred.
- Previous OCIP experience preferred.
- Fluency in English and basic Spanish preferred.
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, Life & AD&D Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Family Support, Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public Transportation, Paid time off: 2 Weeks for Non-Exempt and Three Weeks for Exempt, Time Away Benefits, 8 Paid Holidays, Group Legal, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Identity Theft Protection, Group Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
EEO Statement: Layton Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
AddressFort Smith, AR
TechnologyView all jobs at Layton Construction
Get fresh Work From Home Sea Salt jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.