Assistant Superintendent - Healthcare Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the guidance of the Site Superintendent and in partnership with the Project Manager, develops, manages, and completes a job plan for an assigned job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review plans and specifications to have a comprehensive knowledge of job requirements.
- Develop job plan, including schedule, access, manpower, building requirements, etc.
- Procure tools, labor and some materials.
- Interact with architects and owners to resolve job issues.
- Meet with General Superintendent regularly for additional training and development.
- Communicate construction issues and progress to supervisory personnel engaged in coordinating various phases of construction; craft personnel to update and gather input; subcontractors prior to mobilization to review scope of work and schedule and prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements; clients to update them on project's progress; and the General Superintendent for input and guidance.
- Work with supervisors and labor representatives to resolve problems with the project work force.
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and construction schedules.
- Manage the project based on progress reports, materials used and costs and adjust work schedules accordingly.
- Work with Manager of Field Operations to move personnel from project to project to maximize resources.
- Handle crew mixes and work assignments to manage labor costs.
- Terminate craft personnel who are not performing according to policies, procedures, or job requirements.
- Work with Project Manager in preparing the Project Management Plan.
- May track and price extra work tickets, change requests and back charges to cover extra expenses.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety.
- Demonstrate integrity; maintain professional standards of conduct and ethics; and follow company policies and procedures.
- Participate actively in team environment and contributes to successful completion of team goals.
- Accept accountability for both individual and team performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior field experience in Healthcare Construction
- A demonstrated knowledge of construction processes.
- A valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of building codes and blueprints.
- Knowledge of subcontractors' scopes of work and quality requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Has strong problem solving skills, showing the ability to deal with a variety of variables given general construction and concrete placement principles with moderate structure and direction, and interprets a variety of complex instructions.
- The ability to proactively manage personnel issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to process information quickly and follow through with a course of action.
- Operates office equipment, such as computer, printer, fax, copier, and telephone.
- Two to three year's prior field experience in commercial construction preferred.
- Craft skills in concrete, or other building trades or equipment operation preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL -Layton Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
AddressDenver City, TX
ConstructionView all jobs at Layton Construction