Reconstruction Estimator / Project Manager - Sacramento, CA
- Posted: April 26, 2022
Our busy company is seeking an experienced Restoration Estimator / Project Manager to join our team of construction professionals. We need someone with strong math skills and excellent communication skills to write proposals, cost estimates, and detailed takeoffs on restoration projects. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in the restoration industry, in estimating / project management. In this position you will be writing estimates and running projects. We offer extremely competitive salary and above industry standard bonuses/commissions. Estimators have the potential to make 6 figures annually! If you are looking to work alongside some of the best in the industry and want to make great pay while doing it, then please apply today!
- Maintain communication with adjusters, TPAs, Clients, and team members (Project Coordinator, Foreman, Operations manager, etc.).
- Constant communication with management and team.
- Profitability of projects.
- Create accurate scope of work within estimate guidelines and determine the amounts of labor and materials necessary to complete the work.
- Need ability to create accurate floor plans and sketches on Xactimate.
- Create and adhere to acceptable budgets and work orders.
- Provide and maintain the project schedule and work with coordinators, foremen and management to ensure work is completed on time.
- Identify project issues and present solutions when additional resources are needed.
- Proficient with permits and knowledgeable with local building codes.
- Manage and oversee project production.
- Oversee company vehicle cleanliness, and maintenance for assigned team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with company policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Review project plans and specifications for completeness
- Review and procure bonds and insurance as required
- Create and develop work orders off estimate packages for projects.
- Recruit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors and negotiate prices
- Submit estimates within timelines set in company guidelines.
- Perform site inspections and gather all necessary information, documentation, photos, measurements, to prepare an accurate scope and submit to carriers and clients.
- Communicate bid information to subcontractors as needed.
- Review and analyze estimated vs. actual costs and make sure budget meets company expectations.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, adjusters, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Ensure that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on each project
- Review work orders with foreman, superintendent and or project manager.
- Ensure that quotes provided by subs are honored and the timeline of quote expiration is managed.
- Ensure that subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule.
- Identify, track and negotiate change orders
- Attaining final payments and deductibles
- Setting the customers payment expectations up front
- Collecting deposits and draws
- Following project draw schedules
- Communicating throughout the job with schedules, progress, selections, changes and change orders
- Secure signed Contracts, Work Authorizations, Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Satisfaction from customer.
- Manage all warranty activities
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction
- Educate customers on construction process.
- Closing out files in CRM upon job completion.
- Project Planning
- Identify and document project scope of work.
- Obtain customer and client agreement on scope and estimate.
- Review budgets.
- Ensure proper permits are acquired
- Project Execution
- Create project schedule and timeline.
- Identify and qualify subcontractors and resource providers.
- Negotiate terms and set expectations.
- Plan, organize, and manage crews and subcontractors.
- Schedule all subcontractors and material suppliers
- Ensure all work performed complies with the plans, specifications, local codes, and requirements of the scope of work.
- Communicate with and assist Payroll and Human Resources with payroll and employee issues.
- Participate in Daily, Weekly, and Monthly meetings in accordance with company policy, including but not limited to safety meetings, Daily huddles, weekly production meetings, monthly performance team performance reviews and any other team meeting.
- Must expand and maintain local area clientele to refer losses. Clientele is primarily insurance adjusters, homeowners, or business owners. Restoration Estimator / Project Manager expected annual revenue is approximately $1.5M- $3M per year.
- Serve as primary contact with clients, adjusters, and consultants
- Scope development, negotiation and agreements with customers and vendors.
- Coordinate after hours emergency services as directed, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage and vandalism (If applicable)
- Consistently identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.) (If Applicable)
- Must conduct oneself professionally and with courtesy at all times. Must be proactive conveying information and be immediately responsive to requests for information
- Apply industry TPA Program standards and ensure compliance with requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles, and practices
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people's property and information
- 3 plus years experience in Construction Restoration estimating and project management.
- Residential estimating experience in excess of $50,000 and Commercial estimating experience up to $100,000
- Xactimate Intermediate training class preferred.
- Understanding of MSDS Data sheets, and applicability to jobs
- Extensive Customer Service experience
- Advanced Microsoft offices skills, experience with Xactimate
- Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to work well with others, maintain professional interaction with co-workers and vendors.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
Lawton Construction & Restoration, Inc. is a family-owned business that is licensed, bonded, and fully insured (B, C33, ASB, C39, HIC, and IICRC certified) We use industry leading technology and provide the tools needed for success! We have over 35 years of experience in general contracting, insurance repair, water/fire restoration, as well as emergency services and pack-outs.
We have dealt with the insurance industry for over 35 years.
Powered by JazzHR
Lawton Construction & Restoration Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Lawton Construction & Restoration Inc