Construction Technologies Instructor/Manager
LAWRENCE FAMILY DEVELOPMENT, INC. D/B/A
355 Haverhill Street, Lawrence, MA 01840 Telephone: (978) 224-8808 Website: www.lawrenceprospera.org
Lawrence Prospera is a community driven non-profit organization committed to our mission of strengthening the individuals and families of Lawrence, MA through the development of thriving neighborhoods. And, we are looking for a Construction Manager who can embrace that mission and enjoys working with a dedicated group of people! Check us out!
As our Construction Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the mission of Lawrence Prospera; as well as be responsible for the planning, development, and oversight of construction projects, construction curriculum and students' assessments and instruction. Our Construction Manager must provide a standards-based, rigorous instructional program focused on academic achievement and the development of modern skills. You will also ensure that ALL students will successfully master the content and skills necessary to obtain NCCER or HBI PACT and OSHA, First Aid and CPR certifications and work and career readiness skills.
- Develop, plan and teach vocational curriculum and technical skills to students with varying academic levels while integrating core academic subject matter, occupational skills, social justice issues, and culture.
- Assess and monitor individual student progress and adapt curriculum and lesson plans to meet individual student learning and testing needs.
- Develop relationships with students that foster motivation and inquisitive learning.
- Keep student records and data in accordance with funders' and staff needs.
- Assist with the recruitment and intake assessment of prospective students.
- Keep student data for all mandatory reports to local, state and federal affiliates.
- Prepare and negotiate cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables.
- Report on work progress and budget matters.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists.
- Monitor subcontractors.
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies.
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Teach carpentry skills with special emphasis on construction site safety, cleanup and security and tool and building material inventory.
- Teach the proper use, handling and maintenance of all hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Be responsible for overall safety enforcement.
- Oversee the monitoring of students' time on construction site.
- Oversee the evaluation of student knowledge and skills in construction.
- Assist with job development and post graduate placement.
- Maintain regular communication with all members of the team and update client progress or setbacks.
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Attend mandatory staff community meetings and professional development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum of 10 years related experience in construction industry will substitute for education)
- Expert knowledge of residential and commercial building
- MA Construction Supervisor's License
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strategic approach to developing resources
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with nonjudgmental approach and style
- Solid organizational and administrative skills including strong computer competencies related to database management, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Strong commitment to helping young people succeed
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively in a multicultural setting.
Lawrence Family Development, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lawrence Family Development, Inc.Lawrence, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.