Clinical Systems Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Systems Administrator will provide state-of-the-art system administration solutions and support for hardware and software platforms to maintain the integrity of the operating system environment and various computers systems in a clinical environment. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Military Health Systems (MHS) electronic health record systems and project management for IT systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide PACS and Digital Imaging IT support and sustainment from a variety of resources including computed tomography, computed radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound. Perform PACS system administrator duties.
- Provide pharmacy, Bio Medical, and Pathology IT support and sustainment.
- Perform setup and maintenance of desktop computers, printers, and network equipment.
- Assist with complex and everyday service requests relating to Clinical servers, hardware, and software problems; interacting and consulting with clients; providing guidance, assistance, and follow-up on client inquiries; and assisting in the implementation of server and system hardware, Firmware and software updates.
- Provide support in tracking and documentation of IT equipment age and condition and assist with the research, identification, and recommendation of LCR solutions for End User and Clinical Support Systems.
- Remediate all security vulnerabilities on all Clinical servers, desktops and infrastructure devices to meet security and operational requirements.
- Provide onsite support for testing, evaluation and implementation of new EHR, IT PACS, and IT systems and system enhancements.
- Provide documentation and reports according to Performance Metric, Policy, and SOPs.
- Manage ticket queues and respond to escalation tickets generated by the Global Service Center in accordance with the Service Desk Policy.
- Assist in authoring and maintaining end user training documents or SOPs regarding basic and advanced functionality of Microsoft Office and serve as escalation point for advanced Microsoft Office troubleshooting.
- Prepare, document and brief CCB questionnaire and Change Request for each Clinical Informatics project or task involved.
- Support and assist in troubleshooting, maintenance, testing and monitoring, upgrading, and documenting of all clinical information systems for the hospital and its outlying clinics
- Support and assist patch, harden and document clinical IT systems IAW DoD STIGS and other clinical information systems, so that clinical systems meet required DoD IT system security standard.
- Support and assist in preparation of CCB documents, participate in CCB meetings, and brief the Board on technical or nontechnical issues related to clinical IT systems.
- Provide support and expertise in performing clinical data mining and reporting requests for the hospital.
- Assist Project Management Office in all areas concerning Clinical Informatics projects and program management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of Microsoft server administration and support experience, with
- three of those years in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in life cycle maintenance and support of clinical IT systems and applications, with two of those years in a healthcare setting.
- Must have Five (5) years of Microsoft Office Applications experience.
- Must possess required certifications per DoD 8570.1M for privileged level access.
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Must be a US citizen
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, IS or related field
- ITILv3 certification highly desired.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL’s Incident, Service, and Change management methodologies
Powered by JazzHR
Lawelawe Management Group
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Lawelawe Management Group