Childcare Teacher and Substitute Support
LaweLawe Management is pleased to announce we are actively seeking Full-time and Substitute Teachers from 10 weeks of age to 5 years. Due to the sensitivity of this position----Please read job requirements thoroughly.
We will only entertain those who meet the requirements of this opportunity.
The Center provides full-day, year-round quality childcare for children (10 weeks to 5 years of age) of employees of the House of Representatives and other Legislative and Federal agencies. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the Center program is based on the philosophy that babies and children thrive in a warm, safe, nurturing environment that provides for their growth intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially. The Center implements the Creative Curriculum, a theory and research-based framework that helps us understand how children develop and learn and allows us to provide an optimal learning environment and engaging learning experiences.
Major Duties of the Full-time and Substitute Support Staff:
1. Support the day-to-day delivery of childcare services in assigned classroom. Provide care for children including changing diapers/toileting, feeding, and comforting. Ensure all children’s physical, cognitive, and emotional needs are met.
2. Prioritize health and safety; includes, but not limited to: conduct daily child health and safety checks, maintain child to staff ratios, provide active supervision of children, be aware of all special health and dietary needs, monitor and respond appropriately to illness & injury and emergency situations, follow cleaning & sanitation guidelines, and utilize universal precautions. Immediately raise/bring to Lead Teacher and Directors’ attention any relevant information or issues concerning or related to staff, children, and/or families.
3. Participate in developmentally appropriate, child-centered curriculum and assessment planning, implementation, and documentation. Support children and families through transitions including enrollment and withdrawal, between classrooms, and between activities throughout the day.
4. Contribute to the classroom, Child Care Center, and CAO team. Show initiative towards the improvement of provided services by sharing ideas and participating in meetings. Participate in special limited term and long-term projects and initiatives. Participate in after action reviews and provide feedback as appropriate.
5. Maintain accurate records and logs in a timely and organized fashion.
6. Develop and maintain familiarity and compliance with, and established systems for meeting all applicable legal requirements, House Rules, Committee, and CAO policies and procedures, as well as specific House Child Care Center practices and procedures. These include but are not limited to: The Personnel Policies and Procedures for the Officers and Inspector General, as well as the supplemental policies and procedures thereof; CAO Work Schedule Policies; and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards.
7. Use materials and resources effectively. Inform administration of unusual problems and unanticipated constraints of resource requirements in a timely manner. Monitor usage and inventory levels of all supplies and materials and advise Administrators of related needs and issues. Return relevant items to designated storage areas and maintain organization throughout the classroom and Center.
8. Treat all children, families, and staff with dignity and respect, allowing for individual differences. Establish positive relationships with each child, family member, and coworker. Communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing. Maintain confidentiality. Continually remain calm in challenging situations. Utilize developmentally and situationally appropriate behavior management techniques.
9. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
1. Must have and maintain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential (or higher)
2. Ability to acquire and maintain Infant/Child/Adult CPR Certification. Required before start date.
3. Ability to acquire and maintain First Aid Certification. Required before the start date.
4. Ability to successfully complete a physical exam and tuberculosis test (at the contractors’ expense) prior start date.
5. Must be able to secure and maintain applicable security clearances--Which will be initiated by our client.
6. Ability to meet minimum physical requirements:
Powered by JazzHR
Lawelawe Management GroupFort Belvoir, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.