Audio Visual/VTC Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lawelawe Technology Services Inc. is seeking an AV/VTC Telecommunications Technician to support and provide video teleconference services comprised of the hardware software network, and scheduling services necessary to deliver real time video and audio communications between users at two or more locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the designing, delivering and maintaining of solutions for both secure and non-secure video systems which include Cable Television, VTC and desktop LAN VTC systems and web-based collaboration tools.
- Configure video service to be delivered via ISDN, IP, SIP, or other digital transmission service, support multi-point bridging, and enable routing of video calls to off-net locations
- Configure equipment to support transfer of multimedia data (e.g., text, graphics, images, video, and audio) to a format the receiving side can integrate.
- Provide technical support for web-based collaborative training and other advanced VTC solutions. This may include, but not limited to, planning VTC networks, designing infrastructure, engineering, installing, testing, and maintaining these video infrastructures.
- Provide remote diagnostic services for videoconferencing systems and sessions.
- Plan, implement, and manage VTC and video projects and services.
- Provide VTC services including scheduling conferences and rooms, configuring internal and external bridging, and operating equipment during VTC sessions. Operations are limited to startup of initial conference, support for technical issues occurring during in- progress calls, and termination of call. It does not include a VTC operator.
- Operate, maintain, configure, and test VTC, and other video services operating in unclassified modes.
- Upgrade VTC equipment software, hardware, and firmware; perform preventative maintenance; troubleshoot; replace failed hardware components; and modify the configuration of teleconferencing equipment.
- Install, add, move, and delete streaming media equipment.
- Upgrade streaming media equipment software and hardware; perform preventative maintenance; troubleshoot; replace failed hardware components; and modify the configuration of streaming video equipment
- Provide onsite support for setup and configuration for local presentations and endpoint to endpoint presentations. This shall include the setup of portable VTC equipment (e.g. PA systems, Portable Projector, etc.).
- Provide VTC network technical support and maintenance of network base end points.
- Provide SW distribution and install upgrades to videoconference SW and firmware.
- Maintain an awareness of new VTC technologies and provide recommendations and guidance to the government customer for improved VTC services.
- Develop standard procedures for operation of the VTC facility and network, and for Coordination among participating sites.
- Monitor and maintain the VTC equipment to ensure proper functionality.
- Complete a monthly inspection of all VTC equipment locations and provide a summary report.
- Set up and configure all VTC Conference Room
- Duties are subject to change based on the needs of the government customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Crestron and Extron control systems
- Awareness of Governance methodologies commonly governing DoD organizations
- At least two (2) years of AV/VTC Telecommunications experience.
- Experience with VTC system infrastructure and both hard and soft endpoints.
- Experience with the implementation and operation of integrated computer-based audio-visual and telepresence systems with minimal oversight.
- Experience operating and configuring audio-visual and telepresence systems (in particular, Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, Crestron and Extron equipment).
- Ability to implement and operate various types of fully integrated computer-based systems with minimal oversight.
- Experience with meeting and room scheduling software (experience with Meeting Room Manager, Outlook and LANDesk is preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Project Management, Power Point and Visio.
- Experience with audio-visual systems and presentations.
- Must possess required certifications per DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II for privileged level access
- Active Secret Clearance Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Information Technology and has five (3) to (5)
years expertise relevant experience
• Working Knowledge of ITIL’s Incident, Service, and Change Management Methodologies
Powered by JazzHR
Lawelawe Management Group
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
TravelView all jobs at Lawelawe Management Group