This position is primarily responsible for assisting the assigned attorney and the team with proper and timely review and e-filing of pleadings comprising court schedules, collecting accurate data to maintain complete client records. Assist with client communication, as well as, preparing cases for various court actions and handle administrative duties.
Immigration Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Assist attorney prepare for cases and organizing key evidence for trial.
- Perform secretarial work, including tasks such as answering the phone, making phone calls, keeping track of paperwork and entering data into the computer.
- Efficiently manage assigned case load.
- Follow up on pending clients.
- Update clients with case progress, answering their questions.
- Translating documents written in a foreign language
- Researching the availability of, and then obtaining, documents from foreign countries, including visas and passports
- Legal research on case law as related to immigration
- Evaluating the equivalency of foreign degrees
- Coordinating paperwork related to papers for immigration or citizenship, including affidavits, petitions, applications, etc.
- Preparing papers for deportation.
- Other duties may be assigned
Immigration Paralegal Education and experience
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 2 plus years’ experience in a similar position.
Immigration Paralegal Skills and Abilities
- Experience with business immigration
- Non Immigrant visas
- Spanish is a MUST
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong code ethics
- Energetic Professional
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communication
- Excellent Follow Up Skills
Immigration Paralegal Compensation and Benefits
- Best Training in practice
- Unlimited career growth
- Hands on Trial experience
- Fast paced environment
- Full benefits
- Top salary