The Law Offices of Alex Hanna is currently seeking a Criminal Defense Attorney to join our team of professionals in Miami, FL.
Represent our defendant in the criminal court system. This encompasses arraignments, pretrial hearings, settlement conferences, trials and sentence hearings.
- Responsible for court appearances.
- Trial, drafting motions.
- Interviewing witnesses
- Performing legal research
- Creating exhibits for demonstrations in court
- Accruing additional evidence in support of their case or for arguments against the prosecution’s charges
- Examining the crime scene
- Gathering expert witnesses to testify in court
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
Education and experience
- Preferably a legal intern or a former/current Attorney at the Public Defender or State Attorney.
- Must be a current Florida Bar Member in good standing.
Skills and Abilities
- Spanish is desirable
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong code ethics
Compensation and Benefits
- Top salary
- 100% benefits paid (Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance)
- Best Training in practice
- Unlimited career growth
- Hands on Trial experience
- Fast paced environment