Law Office Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a national consumer-advocacy law firm providing representation to clients who have fallen into financial difficulty. With our young and growing firm, we offer the opportunity to broaden and develop your legal career in a practice that is rich in variety and challenges. If you desire to work with other talented people who share your passion for delivering excellent service to our clients, then a career with us may be a perfect fit for you!
Our firm is based in New York City and we are currently seeking a full-time Associate Attorney for our satellite office in South Carolina. This position entails working with managing attorneys and support staff exclusively through communications via telephone, e-mail, and Skype. This position imparts broad responsibilities and exposes you to a range of legal issues related to consumer protection, including transactional and civil litigation matters.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be currently admitted to practice law in South Carolina (multiple-state admission is a big PLUS)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience at a law firm
- Must be able to work independently as well as in collaboration with others
- Possess superior organizational & time-management skills necessary to meet strict time deadlines
- Highest ethical standards and professional integrity
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in LexisNexis is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner with employees of all levels throughout the organization
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and supervising a heavy & diversified caseload of the firm’s clients in South Carolina.
- Drafting pleadings, motions, legal memoranda, stipulations of settlement, etc.
- Communicating with clients regarding their respective matters
- Communicating with opposing parties to resolve/settle claims
- Legal research related to simple and complex issues in contract law and other areas of consumer law
What We Offer:
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and previous experience
- Monthly performance-based bonuses after 90 days of employment
- Training & Guidance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Benefits with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Promotion & Growth opportunities
- Business Casual Dress Code
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people!
LegalView all jobs at Law Office