Receptionist/Legal Assistant Needed Immediately
Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm (includes one hour for lunch)
Litigation law firm based in Mineola, Long Island seeks a highly motivated bilingual Receptionist/Legal Assistant. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Client contact/customer service;
Answer and direct all telephone calls to the proper parties and take written massages;
Data Entry: research current case filings, draft and send out letters to potential clients;
Research court dates, draft and distribute daily calendars for the firm’s court appearances and appointments;
Contact per diem attorneys for assigned court appearances;
Research deadlines for motions and appeals, and draft weekly deadline calendars;
Sort, photocopy, scan and file documents served upon the office or received in the mail;
Mail, fax, email, or efile outing documents;
Draft letters and stipulations; and
Perform other clerical duties as requested.
* Be confident, poised, and able to work under pressure;
* Able to come to work dressed in appropriate business attire;
* Must be fluent at speaking both English and Spanish languages;
* Must have excellent reading and writing skills in both English and Spanish;
* Must be familiar with, and know how to operate, a Windows based computer;
* Must be able to perform internet research;
* Must have a good working knowledge of Word Perfect, Windows, Word, Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat;
* Must have good organizational skills;
* Must have excellent communication skills and know how to effectively listen;
* Must be a self-starter willing to take on new tasks and work independently, but be able to take direction and execute tasks in a timely manner;
* Must be able to coordinate with other team members;
* Must be able to prioritize work load;
* Able to work independently;
* Know how to follows directions; and
* Must be on time.
Salary commensurate with experience. Must have references available for prior employers. No criminal convictions.