Law Office of Nelson & Kennard Reno, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nelson & Kennard, a multi-jurisdictional Sacramento based law firm representing the interests of consumer and commercial creditors in California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Massachusetts and Hawaii, has an opening for a Nevada licensed Associate Attorney with zero to three years’ experience. The Firm handles legal matters in the following practice areas: Collection Litigation, Creditors’ Rights including FDCPA and Rosenthal Act Defense, Bankruptcy, Replevin and Commercial Landlord and Tenant.
Associate Attorney Responsibilities:
· Drafting, review and execution of pleadings
· Prepare and oppose motions
· Respond to discovery
· Conduct legal research
· Attend webinars and continued education courses to remain current in changes in the law
· Law and motion
· Thoroughly document accounts in accordance with client and Firm policies
· Court appearances
· Effective communication with staff, clients, and opposing parties
Ideal Associate Attorney Candidate:
· Must be a team player
· Must have well developed research and writing skills
· Negotiation skills with an eye towards dispute resolution
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to analyze case law
· Possesses leadership skills
· Knowledge of state, federal and local laws
· Admission in CA, WA, OR, CO, NM, MA, and/or HI is a plus but is not required
· Must be a Nevada licensed attorney
Application Information: Interested applicants should submit their resume, a writing sample and salary requirements. Nelson and Kennard offers health, dental, vision and life insurance options as well as a 401k plan and paid CLE’s & bar dues.
Law Office of Nelson & KennardWhy Work Here?
Great company with an upbeat environment, benefits, and room for growth!
Founded in 1986, The Law Offices of Nelson & Kennard is a civil litigation firm committed to representing the interests of consumer and commercial credit grantors in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Hawaii and Nevada. We currently have over 100 employees and are looking to grow.
4600 Kietzke lane RenoReno, NV