Legal Secretary / Legal Clerk
Law Office of Eric Awerkamp Tempe, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Personal injury and Worker’s Compensation office in Mesa is looking to hire a Legal Secretary/Legal Clerk to perform duties that would include:
- ordering and organizing medical records and bills
- handling incoming calls, assisting paralegals,
- assembling client files and filing of documents and other clerical tasks.
- Prior office experience required, legal office experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities needed:
- Knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office software and the ability to generate databases/spreadsheets and word processing documents as required.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, court procedures and applicable time-frames is preferred, but not required.
- General knowledge of court systems is preferred, but not required.
- The principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques common to a modern office.
- Typing 60 wpm.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships and in working with others.
- Skill in organization and managing a heavy work load under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work with interruptions and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and exercise good judgment in safeguarding sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to learn basic legal terminology.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze and resolve average difficulty problems.
- Ability to utilize automated case management systems and follow office procedures for maintaining and tracking records.
- Ability to prioritize and perform varied tasks and track multiple deadlines simultaneously in a high volume, fast paced, litigation intensive work environment.
- Ideal Candidates will have full time employment experience as a secretary or administrative assistant.
Law Office of Eric AwerkampWhy Work Here?
Family atmosphere, great attorney and staff. Great potential for growth.
3048 E. Baseline Rd.Tempe, AZ
LegalView all jobs at Law Office of Eric Awerkamp