Workers Compensation Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Workers Compensation Legal Assistant (LA) / Paralegal
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
Job Requirements: We are looking for a Legal Assistant or Paralegal with at least two years of prior worker's compensation experience. Ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, and a self- starter who is extremely responsible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and possess a great work attitude.
Position Summary: Duties include handling all aspects of workers compensation and/or personal injury cases, including opening and processing cases through to completion, creating and requesting supporting documents, maintaining attorney calendars, and overall file management. You must have excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), as well as the ability to work independently with a degree of confidentiality and professionalism while delivering high-quality, client-focused results in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Other facets of the position are to support the Kanoski Bresney (KB) mission and values and align, motivate and inspire other team members to deliver exceptional high-quality results by their consistent example and influence. In addition, all KB employees are responsible for fostering a positive work environment by building effective working relationships, making sound decisions while delivering and achieving high-quality, customer-focused results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Completes the following tasks to assist the Worker’s Compensation (WC) attorney in the management of their docket including, but not limited to the following:
- Receive intake calls and conduct client intake interviews
- Management and organization of client files
- Transcription and composition of routine letters and documents
- Filing, copying, scanning, file set up, etc.
- Working with medical records and other documents, including organizing, indexing, etc.
- Maintenance of attorney calendar including scheduling appointments and entering deadlines
- Prepare documentation for file
- Knowledge in piloting a legal management software
- Conduct research to support legal proceedings
- Respond to and manage client inquiries
- Act as a liaison between client and attorney
- Prepare discovery documents, legal pleadings and correspondence.
- Review and analyze medical records and other documents as required.
- Assist attorney with trial preparation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, and be comfortable communicating with clients, courts, witnesses, third-parties, etc.
- Skill in professional oral and written communication, as well as following oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and meet time sensitive goals.
- Skilled at completing multiple tasks at once.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications.
- Ability to organize daily activities and serve as a team player.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Work hours are Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, with an hour for lunch. You must be able to work from the location of the open position. If you are qualified please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Employees are required to be vaccinated and boosted.
Location: Must be able to work in office at one of the following locations: Bloomington, Champaign, Decatur, Macomb, Pekin, Rushville, Springfield, or Quincy, IL.
Job Type: Full-time , In-Person
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
LegalView all jobs at Law Firm
Get fresh Workers Compensation Attorney jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.