Insurance Defense Calendar Clerk
- $45,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Experienced Calendar Clerk
Our legal team is committed to providing each client with quality counsel, innovative solutions, and personalized service. Founded in 2000, the firm offers the legal expertise of its 100-plus attorneys, who have accumulated experience and problem-solving skills over decades of practice.
We are a vibrant, busy, and growing full-service law firm looking to add an experienced Calendar Clerk to assist and support our Insurance Defense Group in Brooklyn. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 10 years of managing a busy firmwide calendar.
- Schedule and confirm depositions, EUOs, court reporters, and translators with staff, clients, and other counsel.
- Schedule and make other arrangements for clients to attend all necessary hearings, doctor’s appointments, and exams.
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly calendar reports to attorneys as requested.
- Experience with filing court documents, including e-filing in both state and civil courts as well as accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system.
- Experience tracking court dates and deadlines for multiple attorneys and pending actions.
- Follow for changes in local Court rules and individual Judge’s rules.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual with multi-tasking skills to be able to maintain a high case volume, a strong work ethic, and a desire to excel.
- Great interpersonal skills with professional telephone and email manners.
- Must be able to function with multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documents including, but not limited to bill of particulars, orders, discovery motions, and responses to discovery demands.
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Centerbase is a plus.
- Friendly demeanor and professional team player that can work with a variety of people.
Please provide references.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO & Life Insurance
This position is based on-site in Brooklyn, NY.
Law FirmNew York, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.