Senior Afloat Network Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Subsidium, Inc. is a global provider of engineering, systems integration, technical, and programmatic services to both Government and Commercial entities. Subsidium provides mission critical services to Department of Defense (DoD) customers in CONUS, OCONUS, and forward deployed environments. Our customers demand the innovative, flexible, and mission focused approach that we deliver. Subsidium is dedicated to helping our customers overcome challenges through innovative solutions; particularly the continuing and evolving challenges presented in the transformation of the U.S. military and in the global war on terror. Subsidium and its employees are committed to mission accomplishment and organizational excellence.
Act as a senior technical advisor to Carrier Strike Group/Amphibious Ready Group staff N6. Support the ship and staff during installation, testing and problem isolation of C4ISR systems, and support ships while embarked during deployment. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and other staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to COMNAVWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS system performance, design, and logistics issues.
- Act as Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Work with shipboard technicians, ship and staff officers, In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA), Regional Maintenance Centers (RMC), installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Document issues and resolution of issues using INTELSHARE FSET Status Reports and after-action reports. Provide reports to Fleet Readiness Directorate as directed.
- Provide OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with System Operation and Verification Testing (SOVT).
- Must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments of 8-12 weeks and overseas travel. Premium pay will be paid for underway periods. Other than normal working hours may be required.
- 6+ years of experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks. Fleet experience highly desired.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting networks and operating system issues across multiple systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity, for IT and RF communications systems, involving multiple sites and multiple systems.
- Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical documentation, schematics, SOPs, and other documents relating to the operation and configuration of Navy C4I Systems.
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Proof of United States Citizenship required.
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 9+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- IAT2 certifications required for IA (Security+ CE or equivalent) required. IAT2 for OS highly desired.
- Windows Server, CISCO, and VMWare training/certifications highly desired.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical / Vision and Dental Plans
- Holiday and Personal Time Off Pay
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Education and Training Assistance Program (discussed during the on boarding process)
- Incentive Plans and Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Programs
Subsidium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at LaunchPointPEO