FSET- Senior Afloat RF Engineer
- $90,000 to $100,000 Yearly
LaunchPoint PEO is a professional employer organization that works with other companies to handle their Human Resources functions, including benefits, payroll, and recruiting, to enable them to better focus on their company missions. LaunchPoint has a group of experienced PEO associates dedicated to all recruiting efforts necessary to the success of its clients.
Subsidium, Inc. is a global provider of engineering, systems integration, technical, and programmatic services to both Government and Commercial entities. Subsidium provides mission critical services to Department of Defense (DoD) customers in CONUS, OCONUS, and forward deployed environments. Our customers demand the innovative, flexible, and mission focused approach that we deliver. Subsidium is dedicated to helping our customers overcome challenges through innovative solutions; particularly the continuing and evolving challenges presented in the transformation of the U.S. military and in the global war on terror. Subsidium and its employees are committed to mission accomplishment and organizational excellence.
Act as senior technical advisor to Carrier Strike Group/Amphibious Ready Group staff N6. Support the ship and staff during installation, testing and problem isolation of RF communications systems. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and other staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to NAVWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS on system performance, design, and logistics issues.
Base Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000/Annually
- Act as Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, assist in troubleshooting complex RF communication issues and make recommendations concerning problem resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Works with shipboard technicians, ship and staff officers, In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA), Regional Maintenance Centers (RMC), installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Documents issues and resolution of issues using INTELSHARE FSET Status Reports and after-action reports. Provides reports to Fleet Readiness Directorate as directed.
- Provides OJT on systems for shipboard technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with System Operation and Verification Testing (SOVT).
- Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments of 8-12 weeks and overseas travel.
- Minimum Qualification:
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- 6+ years of experience with DoD RF systems and Fleet experience highly desired.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting networks and operating system issues across multiple systems.
- Preferred Certifications:
- IAT2 certifications required for IA (Security+ CE or equivalent) required. IAT2 for OS highly desired
- Windows Server, CISCO and VMWare training/certifications highly desired.
- Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity, for IT and RF communications systems, involving multiple sites and multiple systems.
- Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical documentation, schematics, SOPs, and other documents relating to the operation and configuration of Navy C4I Systems
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
- Secret Clearance required. Clearance will depend on location.
Subsidium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
LaunchPointPEOSan Diego, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.