Software Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a talented Software Project Manager to lead our software maintenance team. You will be working with our developers and designers to build new features for existing applications, manage scheduled application maintenance, and respond to support requests. This position will give you the opportunity to work across a number of projects and industries in a collaborative, agile-inspired environment.
As a Project Manager on our maintenance team your key responsibilities will include:
- Be the main point of contact for clients regarding maintenance activities, project status, scope clarification, and QA testing
- Facilitate product discovery activities as needed to define client requests
- Ensure delivery teams are in line with timelines, scope, and budgets
- Be comfortable having difficult conversations with clients if there is an issue with project health. We lead with transparency, whether its good or bad news.
- Be comfortable performing QA to confirm that delivered work meets client expectations
- Stay current on technology trends and best practices
About LaunchPad Lab
Fueled by a team of passionate and driven product builders, LaunchPad Lab is a Chicago-based software development agency. We are intentionally small, skilled, and focused on our clients success. We work in a collaborative environment where everyone is expected to be creative and contribute to building outstanding products. Each day at LaunchPad Lab is an opportunity to work with a talented team focused on making a difference.
- 1+ years of software project management experience
- A comfort level with technology and programming concepts. Programming experience a plus.
- Project management experience with projects involving content management systems, such as WordPress, and/or software development frameworks/languages. WordPress experience is a plus.
- A willingness to be vulnerable and ask questions about things you dont know
- Able to create alignment among internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working with engineers to communicate product intention and helping to ensure successful delivery
- An understanding of how to make tradeoffs to manage a budget and timeline
- A sense of how incoming requests or new pieces of information could impact scope
- Comfortable in client-facing situations. Previous consulting experience a plus.
- Must be located in the US
- Our company is based in Chicago, however remote is ok for this position
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (company pays 100% of employee PPO premium)
- Dental Insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium)
- Vision Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- $1,000 annual conference budget
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Unlimited learning and fun
Thank you for taking the time to read this job description. It means a lot to us that you are interested in LaunchPad Lab and we look forward to learning more about you.
TechnologyView all jobs at LaunchPad Lab