Senior Financial Content Writer/Editor
Launch That Orlando, FL
- Posted: 26 days ago
How would you like to be part of a writing team that produces consistently excellent content, embraces collaboration, celebrates wins and enjoys being part of a fun, modern company culture?
Launch That is an established leader in the world of digital marketing. We have a track record of creating vibrant, successful digital brands. Our core competencies are SEO and SEM -- inbound marketing -- and we are known for building websites that have excellent content. We invest in our writers, editors and content strategists. We have a history of hiring journalists, technical writers, researchers and other word-centric creatives.
Our new office is in downtown Orlando, and it's an engaging, collaborative environment that combines high tech with an industrial look and a monster kitchen/break room. Mostly, though, we focus on hiring and developing great people.
About this Role:
The Senior Financial Content Writer/Editor primarily writes and edits content about annuities, retirement planning, Medicare and life insurance for one or more branded websites, including Annuity.org and RetireGuide.com. In this role, you'll research complex financial topics and write, edit and fact-check evergreen content, blog posts, news articles, marketing copy and graphics for style and accuracy. This is not a management position.
This senior-level role is expected to reflect expertise, autonomy and self-direction in its approach to the responsibilities assigned below. Our ideal candidate has a combination of: great writing, editing and digital marketing strategy skills, and foundational knowledge of the complex financial and retirement topics we cover.
Our ideal candidate is someone who lives close enough to Orlando to work from our downtown office periodically when the pandemic is over - until that time, this position is fully remote.
Please note, that in an effort to mitigate unconscious bias in our recruiting processes, we are utilizing Career.Place as part of our application process. Please look for an email after you submit this application that will direct you on how to proceed in the application process. Please note that we do not see your name or resume until after you have successfully passed the Homework stage of that process and have been chosen to be interviewed by the Hiring Manager. Thank you!
- Write and edit webpages and news articles that digest annuities and other financial topics into easier-to-understand concepts for two or more branded, lead-generating websites
- Serve as point of contact for media requests and collaborate with experts to craft useful responses
- Solicit and write guest posts for related outside publications and websites
- Ghostwrite columns for licensed insurance professionals, CPAs and CFP professionals, including content for external websites
- Manage external partner relationships
- Edit articles and webpages written by freelancers
- Facilitate new ideas, tactics and strategies related to storytelling, content presentation and outreach
- Curate content and apply best practices for getting that content onto one or more of our websites in a timely manner
- Fact-check and edit with accuracy and efficiency, and uphold company's high content SEO standards
- Work with digital marketers and execute content and outreach strategies that align with company goals
- Collaborate with web designers and SEO specialists on the content you produce
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest financial industry trends by finding, reading and understanding studies, news articles and press releases
- Connect with retirement planning experts to develop sources for original and unique content
- Provide regular content ideas and quarterly goals for yourself and others, including ideas for infographics and for content in other mediums
- Provide basic SEO for all of your content, including title tags, meta descriptions, hyperlinks to related pages and blog posts, and sources
- Promote (y)our content across a variety of social media platforms
- Participate in weekly content meetings and in monthly team meetings
- Work in a project management system (Wrike), and prioritize projects and tasks set forth by the Project Lead
- Work professionally and effectively within a team environment that includes a content lead, editors, writers and a project manager
- Communicate and work collaboratively
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience writing in the digital content field, including at least 3 years as an assigning editor, copy editor or website/publication editor in the financial content field
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SEO (title tags, meta data, keywords)
- Intermediate understanding of annuities, Medicare, financial planning and other retirement-related topics
- Demonstrated intermediate experience working in a CMS such as WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of AP style
- Refined and mature time-management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work in MS Word, Google docs and other G Suite apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability to self-edit and apply editorial feedback
- Bonus factors:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Financial certifications, designations or licenses
- Experience writing about annuities, Medicare and retirement planning
- Professional journalism experience
- Owning a personal website or blog
- An intermediate familiarity with Google or other website analytics
- An intimate knowledge of WordPress
- Having a positive social media footprint
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Our mission is to connect people to extraordinary resources.
Launch That was founded in 2007 as an entrepreneurial digital marketing startup that's grown from 2 founders in a garage to almost 100 digital, tech, creative and content professionals in the heart of downtown Orlando. We're on the cutting edge of digital marketing with a vision to build the most valuable digital brands. We believe we will achieve this by connecting people to extraordinary resources. Launch That's core talent is exceptional. Many team members have 10+ years of experience in digital industries across extremely competitive business lines. However, it's our culture that distinguishes us. We're a close-knit, interactive company with a passion to build something special. This is exemplified by our state-of-the-art workplace which we designed and own ourselves. It is also demonstrated in our unique, fun events where we celebrate our successes. We believe that our work starts and ends with our team - and it's that focus that makes us one of the best places to work, not just in Orlando, but in the country.
Why Work @ Launch That ?
- We celebrate our success and offer a unique and vibrant fun culture that focuses on relationships and collaboration. In 2020, we became a best place to work!
- We invest in ourselves and our community (read more about How We Give Back)
- We value ideas, creativity, and productivity. People who succeed at Launch That are those who are passionate about their roles and our mission.
- We consistently update and upgrade our benefits, often based on direct feedback from employee surveys. We know benefits are an important part of a Rocketeer's professional life. We offer great healthcare, 401K, an Employee Assistance Plan, generous PTO including Maternity and Paternity leave as well as an extended holiday break, career growth opportunities, and more!
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Launch That