Senior Financial Content Editor & Strategist
Launch That Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
How would you like to be part of a writing team that produces consistently excellent content, embraces collaboration, celebrates wins and enjoys being part of a fun, modern company culture?
Launch That is an established leader in the world of digital marketing. We have a track record of creating vibrant, successful digital brands. Our core competencies are SEO and SEM -- inbound marketing -- and we are known for building websites that have excellent content. We invest in our writers, editors and content strategists. We have a history of hiring journalists, technical writers, researchers and other word-centric creatives.
Our new office is in downtown Orlando, and it's an engaging, collaborative environment that combines high tech with an industrial look and a monster kitchen/break room. Mostly, though, we focus on hiring and developing great people.
About this Role:
The Senior Financial Content Editor and Strategist develops and executes digital marketing content strategies and quarterly goals for the content team in coordination with the Content Manager, trains and coaches fellow content writers and editors, and edits and writes for one or more of our branded lead-gen websites.
This person is the primary line editor for the majority of the content featured on our website(s). In this role, you will edit and fact-check webpages, blog posts, news articles and graphics for style and accuracy, ensuring consistent style, tone and structure. You will be the last read on writing, the last listen on podcasts and the last view on videos before they are published.
This senior-level role is expected to reflect expertise, autonomy and self-direction in its approach to the responsibilities assigned below. Our ideal candidate has a combination of: great writing, editing and digital marketing strategy skills, and a foundational knowledge of the complex topics we cover. This is not a management position.
Our ideal candidate is someone who lives close enough to Orlando to work from our downtown office periodically when the pandemic is over - until that time, this position is fully remote.
Please note, that in an effort to mitigate unconscious bias in our recruiting processes, we are utilizing Career.Place as part of our application process. Please look for an email after you submit this application that will direct you on how to proceed in the application process. Please note that we do not see your name or resume until after you have successfully passed the Homework stage of that process and have been chosen to be interviewed by the Hiring Manager. Thank you!
- Develop content strategies for all pages on all our branded websites as needed.
- Assist the Content Manager in developing and executing quarterly goals and strategies for long-term growth of our websites.
- Create and manage editorial calendars for one or more of our websites.
- Write and edit clear marketing copy to increase conversion and leads.
- Edit and fact-check webpages, blog posts, news articles, guides, features or anything else as needed and according to our content style guides.
- Assist Content Manager with interviewing, onboarding, training and coaching fellow content writers and editors.
- Conduct content audits, create project scope documentation and write training materials as needed.
- Serve as quality controller — identify, correct and educate the team on content quality issues.
- Collaborate with web designers and SEO specialists to enhance content.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines, a high level of creativity and data-driven insights to strategize, write, rewrite and edit content that will engage.
- Lead, strategize and execute in-depth content pieces, white papers, breaking news, and any other high-quality quality content that reflect the voice, tone and goals of our branded websites.
- Facilitate new ideas, tactics and strategies related to storytelling, content presentation and outreach.
- Proofread, self-edit and run content through plagiarism software to ensure it meets the page purpose, follows the brand’s style, tone and voice, is free of inaccuracies and errors, and is formatted correctly.
- Provide process improvement, workflows and other systems to incorporate and expand multimedia development.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ years of experience in the content field, with 5+ years as an assigning editor, copy editor or website/publication editor in the financial content field
- Advanced understanding of annuities, Medicare, financial planning and other retirement-related topics
- An advanced knowledge of modern SEO
- Intermediate Content Management System (CMS) Experience, including WordPress
- Intermediate proficiency in AP style
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Bonus factors:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Financial certifications, designations and/or licenses
- Professional journalism experience
- Owning a personal website or blog
- Advanced familiarity and knowledge of WordPress
- Having a positive social media footprint
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Our mission is to connect people to extraordinary resources.
Launch That was founded in 2007 as an entrepreneurial digital marketing startup that's grown from 2 founders in a garage to almost 100 digital, tech, creative and content professionals in the heart of downtown Orlando. We’re on the cutting edge of digital marketing with a vision to build the most valuable digital brands. We believe we will achieve this by connecting people to extraordinary resources. Launch That's core talent is exceptional. Many team members have 10+ years of experience in digital industries across extremely competitive business lines. However, it's our culture that distinguishes us. We're a close-knit, interactive company with a passion to build something special. This is exemplified by our state-of-the-art workplace which we designed and own ourselves. It is also demonstrated in our unique, fun events where we celebrate our successes. We believe that our work starts and ends with our team - and it's that focus that makes us one of the best places to work, not just in Orlando, but in the country.
Why Work @ Launch That ?
- We celebrate our success and offer a unique and vibrant fun culture that focuses on relationships and collaboration. In 2020, we became a best place to work!
- We invest in ourselves and our community (read more about How We Give Back)
- We value ideas, creativity, and productivity. People who succeed at Launch That are those who are passionate about their roles and our mission.
- We consistently update and upgrade our benefits, often based on direct feedback from employee surveys. We know benefits are an important part of a Rocketeer’s professional life. We offer great healthcare, 401K, an Employee Assistance Plan, generous PTO including Maternity and Paternity leave as well as an extended holiday break, career growth opportunities, and more!
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Launch That