Compliance Director, Digital Media
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will lead the effort to identify and manage risk across all of the Launch Potato consumer brands. You'll provide leadership and subject matter expertise to assist in finding potential problems, providing solutions, and sharing best practices across the company. This role requires the utmost ease with switching between strategic and hands-on tasks.
Your work will primarily focus on personal finance topics (credit cards, insurance, investing, etc.), as well as sweepstakes and games. You'll be reviewing copy and marketing assets on a daily basis to ensure they fall within our internal guidelines and any relevant regulatory compliance guidelines. In addition, you'll give input on new business initiatives. When you identify an area of risk, you'll work with relevant business owners to come up with a solution that balances risk with business objectives.
As our first compliance team member, you'll be tasked with developing the framework and systems required for managing risk across Launch Potato and, longer term, building the team needed to execute. You'll work closely with teams across the business to develop compliance guidelines, processes, and training. You'll also liaise with external counsel as needed for support and guidance.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Champion a strong compliance culture and adherence across the company
- Develop systems and processes that can be used to identify and mitigate risks
- Identify potential issues, provide solutions, and coordinate corrective action when needed
- Review new and existing content and assets on a regular basis to ensure all marketing executions are meeting internal and external requirements
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand our business objectives and provide ongoing guidance
- Work closely with external stakeholders including legal counsel, regulators, and advertising partners to understand all relevant guidelines, regulations, and laws
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact for all compliance-related questions
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to the leadership team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 5 years of internal compliance experience at a B2C digital marketing company; consulting experience a plus
- Subject matter knowledge in personal finance topics including investing, insurance, and credit cards
- Subject matter knowledge in compliance requirements across digital marketing platforms including email, push, social media, and search.
- High degree of comfort making decisions that balance risk with business objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a focus on timely, accurate results
- Experience engaging directly with legal teams and external clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- High level of tech savviness and knowledge of digital tools and systems
- Familiarity with project management tools like Asana
BusinessView all jobs at Launch Potato