School-Age/Youth Enrichment Teacher - Part-Time
Launch (Formerly CDSA) Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k
Are you looking for a job that truly has a positive impact on the children in our community? Are you interested in doing meaningful work as part of a successful, mission-driven non-profit organization? Are you available to work in the central and southern areas in Seattle? If the answer to each of those questions is “Yes!”, then keep reading!
Launch is currently hiring for several positions to support our all-day school-age youth enrichment programs, including:
- Substitute Enrichment Teachers (25 hrs/week guaranteed with opportunities for additional hours)
- On-Call Substitute Enrichment Teachers (great for those wanting a flexible schedule!)
- Program Support Positions, including drop-off and pick-up assistance
These all-day youth programs support our community by providing a safe, caring, and academically & socially enriching environment for school-age children. Our Enrichment Teachers are responsible for ensuring curriculum and activities are developmentally appropriate – and fun! – for the children in the program. You would also be responsible for complementing the remote learning for children while primary school is not available, helping children complete their academic responsibilities. We consider these programs to be an essential service to our communities by providing childcare for families and supporting their children’s ability to learn while navigating the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
What you should know about Launch
Launch is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that “leads the charge to brilliant outcomes for the children of our community by ensuring equitable access to the highest quality learning and care”. Through our preschool, before & after school, and summer programs, we provide a safe and enriching environment that prepares children for success in school and life. Our programs serve a diverse group of over 1,300 children ages 3-12 and are located on-site in 9 Seattle public schools and 3 community centers. Drawing on more than 40 years of experience, we serve as a proven model of effective programming and a passionate advocate for children, families, and communities.
What’s the schedule for this position?
Our hours of operation are 7:30am to 6:00pm; within these hours, we have multiple shifts available, including morning and afternoon shifts. Hours and schedules will vary by site and by business needs, but schedules will be able to accommodate both part-time (20-25 hrs/week) and on-call (0-20 hrs/week) availability.
Where are your programs located?
We have programs at nine schools in the Seattle area, including:
- Capitol Hill area: Montlake Elementary School
- Central Seattle: Leschi and Madrona Elementary Schools
- Beacon Hill: Beacon Hill International School, Kimball and Maple Elementary Schools
- South Seattle: Hawthorne Elementary School
- West Seattle: Highland Park and Sanislo Elementary Schools
Do these positions include any benefits?
They do! All part-time positions are eligible for paid leave time (17 days per year), 14 paid holidays, 401(k) participation (after 90 days), and a monthly ORCA card benefit of $50/month.
What actions are you taking to keep children and employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We have successfully operated childcare programs since March, providing emergency childcare for first responders and essential workers through June, and during our summer-camp programs in July and August. We have followed guidelines from the CDC, King County Public Health and other organizations in developing our health & safety protocols, which includes:
- Multiple daily health checks for children and staff, including temperature checks
- Requiring the use of masks for all employees and children at our sites (in accordance with WA state guidelines)
- Remote drop-off and pick-up of children and limiting the entry of multiple individuals into our buildings.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout each day.
- Practicing social-distancing, including limiting group sizes and keeping groups separated throughout the day.
What type of person are you looking for in this role?
Above all else, we’re looking for someone to perform the duties of this job in accordance with Launch’s values: Inclusiveness, Balance, Excellence, Engagement, Honor and Safety. These are the core values that define Launch as an organization and guide us to fulfill our mission. You can learn more about what each of these values mean to us as an organization here: http://www.launchlearning.org/about
That sounds like me! What should I do if I’m interested?
You’ll need to apply online for the job, but you should also know a few things first:
- If you’re under the age of 18 - we appreciate your interest; however, we are unable to hire minors for this particular role.
- You’ll need to meet our education requirements. You should at least have a high school diploma or equivalent. Ideally, you’ve completed an AA degree that includes relevant education-related coursework.
- We do seek at least two years of experience working with children in a learning environment; this includes summer camp roles, tutoring and other volunteer roles, childcare, etc.
- Like us, you’re passionate about making a positive impact in our community. You should have a general idea about what it is we do at Launch and how you personally connect with our mission.
- You’re able to meet state licensing requirements to supervise children on-site, which includes completing a portable background check with DCYF, proof of your MMR vaccine, and proof of a negative TB test. If you haven't taken a TB test in the past 12 months, don't worry - we'll cover that for you upon hire!
- It would also be great if you have additional certifications, such as First Aid/CPR, BBP, and HIV/AIDS. If not, you’ll need to obtain those within 60 days of hire.
- A current Food Worker Card is also needed, preferably upon hire, but no later than 10 days after hire.
- You’re OK with an hourly rate between $16/hr and $17.50/hr. We’ll fit you in somewhere between those two numbers based on your experience and abilities.
If all that sounds good, you can submit your online application here! To learn more about Launch, including our mission, who we are, and what we do, visit http://www.launchlearning.org/.
You should also know:
Launch has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Launch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact hr @ launchlearning.org or by phone at (206) 726-7972. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Launch is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit and an equal opportunity employer.
(formerly Community Day School Association - CDSA)
Launch is dedicated to ensuring a brilliant start for all children. Through our preschool, before & after school, and summer programs, we provide equitable access to the highest-quality learning and care in a safe, enriching environment that prepares children for success in school and life. Our programs serve a diverse group of over 1,300 children ages 3-12 and are located on-site in nine Seattle public schools and three local community centers. Drawing on over 40 years of experience, we serve as a proven model of effective programming and a passionate advocate for children, families and communities. Please see our website for additional information www.launchlearning.org
Launch (Formerly CDSA)Why Work Here?
You have an opportunity to make a life-changing impact within your community!
About Launch (formerly Community Day School Association - CDSA) Launch is dedicated to ensuring a brilliant start for all children. Through our preschool, before & after school, and summer programs, we provide equitable access to the highest-quality learning and care in a safe, enriching environment that prepares children for success in school and life. Our programs serve a diverse group of over 1,300 children ages 3-12 and are located on-site in nine Seattle public schools and three local community centers. Drawing on over 40 years of experience, we serve as a proven model of effective programming and a passionate advocate for children, families and communities. Please see our website for additional information www.launchlearning.org
5950 6th Ave SSeattle, WA