The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a Systems Engineer to support our customer, PM TRASYS, out of Orlando, FL.
- Support activities with subject matter level expertise in Systems Engineering and Configuration Management.
- Completely and accurately prepare, draft, and review engineering change proposals (ECPs) in support of the program’s change management process and IMS/IMP.
- ECPs shall be accurately and completely prepared using DD Form 1692 (Rev APR 2016) with the required sections/pages of the ECP completed based upon the scope of the ECP.
- Conduct technical research on specific topics directed by the Government, gather required information, and provide final products in the format of briefings, drawings, information papers, or spreadsheets.
- Final products shall be in accordance with the Government Printing Office Style Manual, SECNAV M-5216.5, and all other applicable DoD, DoN, and USMC regulations, order, directives, policies, and procedures.
- Participate and provide engineering support in pre-solicitation contract activities to include industry day and request for proposals, request for information, and sources sought notice development.
- Prepare, update, and review applicable engineering related sections of Statements of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL).
- Trace applicable engineering sections in the SOW and PWS with applicable engineering CDRLs. Engineering sections of SOWs and/or PWSs, and engineering CDRLs shall be accurate and complete with traceability between SOW and PWS paragraphs to applicable engineering CDRLs.
- Initial submission of engineering applicable sections of SOW and/or PWS, and CDRLs shall demonstrate a level of completeness/accuracy resulting with no greater than 5 critical comments documented in Government comment resolution matrix (CRM). Final submission of engineering applicable sections of SOW and/or PWS, and CDRLs shall demonstrate a level of completeness/accuracy resulting with no greater than 5 substantive comments documented in Government CRM, and shall be submitted within two (2) days of receiving Government comments on the contractor’s initial completion of the task or deliverable.
- Provide engineering support for the planning, coordination, administration, execution, and equipment preparation to support test activities including the development and/or review of test plans and procedures; test data collection, reduction, analysis, and reporting; and participation in test events.
- Accurately and completely develop test plans, procedures, and reports in accordance with the Government’s Test Plan Template v1.1 (dated 9 Apr 2018), Test Procedure Template (dated 18 Jul 2018), and Test Report Template v1.0 (dated 13 Dec 2017).
- Initial submission of test plans, procedures, and reports shall demonstrate a level of completeness/accuracy resulting with no greater than 5 critical comments documented in the Government comment resolution matrix (CRM).
- Final submission of engineering applicable sections of test plans, procedures, and reports shall demonstrate a level of completeness/accuracy resulting with no greater than 5 substantive comments documented in the Government CRM, and shall be submitted within two (2) days of receiving Government comments on the contractor’s initial completion of the task or deliverable.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge and subject matter expertise in all or one of the following systems: Deployable Virtual Training Environment (DVTE); MAGTF Tactical Warfare Simulation (MTWS); and The Combined Arms Command & Control Trainer Upgrade System (CACCTUS).
- General engineering experience to include designs, drawings, alterations, and technical directives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Desired: Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience. Work experience can substitute for degree.
Kapili Government Services, LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Kapili Government Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information please visit www.alakainafoundation.com/careers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.