Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Research Technician to support the U.S Army Institute of Surgical Research in Fort Sam Houston, TX.
- Biomedical Research Technician supporting multiple research projects for an Army research facility. Research Technician Support Services
- Provide general research services:
- Conduct routine medical laboratory analysis of human and animal specimens for the diagnosis of medical conditions, evaluation of treatments, and monitoring of diseases.
- Maintain competency and proficiency knowledge of medical technology.
- Maintain all required materials, space and supplies in the laboratory to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Assist in researching and preparing orders for equipment and supplies required for laboratory operations.
- Assist with inventories for medical maintenance and generates work orders on equipment when needed.
- Practice general laboratory safety, infection control and aseptic techniques for the safe handling of sharps, blood and/or blood products to include cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Assist in maintain all equipment IAW the manufacturers' directions and the Department of the Army (DA) medical maintenance policies.
- Assist Principal Investigator/staff scientist with surgical, laboratory and scientific procedures as defined per approved protocol. Assist and/or perform a full range of surgical, laboratory and scientific procedures. Provide research services to include laboratory support.
- Provide laboratory support as related to the sensory trauma and help scientists and researchers in the area of sensory surface disease and corneal wound healing.
- Monitor, assess, track and record health status of animals prior to, during, and after treatment and surgery according to approved protocols under the guidance of the Primary Investigator and Veterinary Staff.
- Provide daily assessments on animals and analgesics to the Primary Investigator and Veterinary Staff.
- Assist with animal husbandry services and procedures in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and corporate policy and procedures.
- Assist in the necropsy, collection and processing of sensory tissues and/or cells for storage, histology, molecular and cell biology analyses.
- Perform molecular and cell-based assays to investigate DNA, RNA and protein expression.
- Perform laboratory tests to include: tissue culture, histological sectioning and enzyme assays, immunostaining, and gel electrophoresis.
- Perform quality control procedures IAW established laboratory protocol.
- Assist in reviewing and validating all quality control results prior to specimen testing.
- Report any unusual or abnormal test results to Principal Investigator or laboratory supervisor. Provide research activity support for data management.
- Collect and record research data as directed by the Principal Investigator.
- Present recorded data to research colleagues.
- Review all research data collected for acceptability and accuracy and record their findings IAW established protocol.
- Assist with data entry, database maintenance and manipulation as directed by the Principal Investigator.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years’ Experience in Biomedical Research
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in biology, physiology, chemistry, or related field.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Candidates must be able to pass a favorable adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com