Linux Application Programmer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for a Linux Applications Programmer to support the our government customer located Fort Shafter, HI
***Sign- on and relocation expenses are offered on a case by case basis
The Linux Application Programmer is responsible for maintaining the availability and security of corporate Defensive Cyber Operations systems. Application programming responsibilities include maintaining Linux, and Windows operating systems and servers. Automation experience in Linux/Red Hat is mandatory. Additional duties include conducting regular quality assurance checks of the customer cyber protection platform, testing new releases of this platform, and the ability to stand up, operate, and demonstrate product functionality. This is an onsite position that necessitates the job responsibilities be conducted at the Honolulu, Hawaii location. Salary is dependent on experience and ability. Potential candidates must pass an extensive criminal background check. Below is a summary of job responsibilities and a list of necessary job skills/work experiences:
- Maintain Linux Operating Systems and Servers
- Troubleshoot general hardware, software, and network issues
- Install and support office technology (Desktops, laptops, printers, A/V, network equipment)
- Install and support Defensive Cyber Operations technology (Physical Servers, cloud servers, embedded device, network equipment)
- Assist in the planning, support, and extension of future IT needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be CSSP-IS (Infrastructure Support) qualified in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.01 upon date of hire.
- Must meeting designated Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Automation experience in Linux/Red Hat is mandatory.
- Proficiency in a scripting language
- Minimum of 2 years of Linux work experience (strong networking experience desired)
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of web, database, application servers
- Hands-on Networking experience (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Highly proficient at Linux/RedHat system applications
- Experience with windows administration and powershell
- Experience with a variety of DCO data sources and the platforms that they need
- Experience with in-house Cloud solutions such as Gabriel Nimbus and/or BDP
Bachelor’s Degree in the IT/Cyber field
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Laulima Government Solutions, LLC offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Laulima Government Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Linux Foundation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.