Letterpress Printer - A perfect opportunity for an artist with a keen eye.
Laughing Owl Press Co. Kane, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
When was the last time you had a “How cool is this?” moment in your current job? As a Letterpress Printer at Laughing Owl Press, moments like that happen…all day, every day!
Are you under-challenged in your current job? Are you feeling just a little too complacent (maybe even bored!) and a whole lot restless…wondering if coming to work tomorrow will be just another replay of coming to work today? Do you feel like the creative energies that flow through your veins are unused and desperate for air? Could you make one simple change, like popping a cork on a bottle, and there would be so much more joy and abundance in your life?
Keep reading if you are willing to consider a completely radical, out-of-the-box career change where you can combine your natural curiosity and artistic ability with our excellent on-the-job training to free your inner artist!
Beautiful Kane, PA in the Pennsylvania Wilds Region. Our location is remote, in the heart of the Allegheny National Forest, but this is not a remote work position. Under the direction of the Production Manager, we are willing to train a talented individual to produce modern masterpieces using classic machinery and craftsmanship.
WE ARE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM YOU IF:
After completing training, the best candidate for this job will take ownership of all aspects of their work, understanding that the key to success with this company is to show up for work each day with a “can-do” spirit.
Our company creed is to create an “only the best” work environment for our owners and associates, to produce “only the best” printed products for our clients, and to provide “only the best service” for every individual who experiences the services offered by our company. Printing Press Operators are expected to fully support our company creed by their words and actions as they perform their daily work.
Duties are, but are not limited to, overseeing assigned projects from start to finish, including reviewing client specifications and other pertinent documents to acquire a working knowledge of the scope of work and identify potential problems to ultimately produce printed products that delight and exceed the expectations of our customers.
So, you might wonder, what are some of the job responsibilities? If you are selected for an interview, we will proudly show you our print studio, where our Letterpress Printers create magnificent fine stationery and beautiful paper products.
After visiting our print studio, we hope you will be intrigued and feel compelled to pursue a career with us, or your visit will inspire you to find a different position where you have the opportunity to infuse your creative energies. Either way, one visit to the LOPCo will open your eyes to new career possibilities and outlets for your inner artist!
WE ARE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM YOU IF:
- You accept responsibility for doing what you said you would do, when you said you would do it.
- You have unquestionable integrity and impeccable ethical standards.
- You can “see around corners” to identify problems before they develop and often find solutions before anyone else realizes there was ever a problem.
- You have mastered the art of balancing competing priorities to meet deadlines and goals.
- You have many different and varied skills, and you are eager to learn new things.
- You have a “mission-critical” mindset; you grasp the short-term and the long-term issues quickly and put plans in place to achieve the desired outcomes.
- You are scrappy, effective, and innovative and are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You are poised and polished, able to handle unexpected circumstances with grace and adapt accordingly.
- You have an aptitude for building meaningful relationships and instant rapport with others - and having fun - while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- You take a strategic approach to problem-solving and perform diligent follow-up with meticulous attention to detail.
- You take the initiative and exercise sound judgment in the absence of direct supervision.
- You like people, and people like you.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- While a background in printmaking is a plus, we are also excited to train an applicant with “the right stuff.”
- The successful candidate must have a sincere desire and ability to quickly improve upon any skill set(s) where company-provided training is needed.
- Basic knowledge and ability to perform basic math, appropriately apply color theory, visual color matching, and pattern matching, the ability to discern fine details, and to correctly use and operate hand tools are “Day 1” requirements.
- The job requires physical dexterity and the ability to handle inventory, packing, shipping, and receiving duties on occasion.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, safety requirements (including wearing PPE), and other prescribed best practices/industry standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand all day and to use their arms and legs, move their whole body to sit, limb, lift, balance, walk, stoop, maneuver, and frequently move materials/objects weighing up to 35 pounds, seldom more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to identify deviations and differences from an established tolerance or standard and adjust focus between objects, materials, colors, and textures; use of magnifying devices may be required. Manual/finger/hand dexterity and sufficient physical (hand/arm/shoulder) strength to effectively operate precision machinery and hand tools such as calipers, rollers, scales, etc., are required.
Tell us why you are interested in this position and your desired salary in the cover letter section of this posting. Include your resume, answer a few questions, then click submit. It’s that easy to apply right now. You owe it to yourself to explore a company that is full of promise and possibilities!
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The LOPCo reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
Laughing Owl Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Powered by JazzHR
Laughing Owl Press Co.
BusinessView all jobs at Laughing Owl Press Co.