The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and works closely with Finance team members. The position is responsible for assisting with monthly closing, account reconciliations, daily, weekly and monthly general journal entries and tracking and verification of supply inventories. Position also oversees the accuracy of account receivables and publishes daily and weekly variance reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile the Operating, Lock Box and Debt Card Accounts
- Complete data entry of vendor invoices
- Review Cattle Checks daily before they are printed
- Process customer invoices daily working closely with sales team to ensure products are priced properly
- Assist with customer claims processing and process customer credit memos
- Enter AR Cash receipts
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts
- Collect and compile information for new customer credit files and recommend credit limits and terms. Complete vendor packets for potential customers.
- Save proofs of delivery
- Prepare daily and monthly journal entries
- Issue, reconcile and update hide and rendering invoices
- Author and/or update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Other general accounting, administrative activities and projects as directed
- Working closely with the outside accounting agencies and legal department during the preparation of year end audit
- Assist with departmental expense reporting – daily, weekly and monthly
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Investigate questionable data and make recommendations to resolve discrepancy
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task should be great with numbers
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Must be 18 yrs. of age and authorized to work in the United States
- Obey safety rules and exercise caution in all work activities
- BS in Accounting or higher degree in accounting
- Aspen Canopy experience a plus.
- Ability to sit, bend, move or lift 20 pounds
- Office/Obey all safety rules and exercise caution in all work activity
Powered by JazzHR