Sr. Project Accountant (Construction/Engineering)
The Senior Project Accountant provides support in all aspects of project accounting including month-end close, cost and revenue accruals, cost review, profitability analysis, resource utilization, and effectively communicating projects progress to the business line finance analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure proper revenue and cost recognition on projects in accordance with company policies, including accruals.
· Lead month-end close activities while being a resource to project accounting team members when knowledge sharing opportunities arise.
· Perform monthly account reconciliations.
· Maintain an understanding of current corporate allocations and be a resource for operations with any inquiries relating to them.
· Maintain overall knowledge of projects for assigned area.
· Perform a high-level project analysis to highlight the main factors impacting project performance for the current period, while communicating financial risks.
· Provide research and support on inquiries from operations.
· Serve as liaison between corporate accounts payable/accounts receivable and operations as needed.
· Assist with inquiries from external auditors while maintaining adequate supporting documentation for the business units.
· Collaborate with team members to identify reporting issues/challenges from operation side. Identify potential areas of improvement as it relates to project accounting, while presenting ideas to direct management for further exploration.
· Prepare reporting on operating cost data, including contract labor accruals, per diem spend, and other items that may arise from time-to-time.
· Support process documenting while executing training of new team members where appropriate or assigned by manager.
· Support inquiries on monthly operating results.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
Semi-routine; majority of work covered by established procedures.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP:
Exchange of information, which occasionally requires tact and/or diplomacy.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required High school degree or GED.
Preferred A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University in Accounting or experience equivalent to 5 years.
3-5 Year(s) Experience in Accounting
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B. Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
C. Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
A. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret spreadsheets
B. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
C. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Powered by JazzHR
Latitude, Inc.Fort Mill, SC
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.