Senior Structural Engineer
Latitude, Inc. Jacksonville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Structural Engineer
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Structural Designers
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for the design of modular TIAC (Turbine Inlet Air Cooling) Plants, CHP, Mission Critical and District Cooling Plants up to full production. This includes review and compliance with structural codes, performing structural analysis and pricing support; coordinating with structural designers to generate fabrication drawings, preparing detailed plans and specifications, and support module production (including site/shop inspections) reviews. This engineer will also be responsible for technical support of all products currently in production and will provide support during the project proposal process.
- Undertakes engineering and design work independently.
- Takes a leadership role of the structural design group.
- Accomplishes tasks in accordance with company procedures, specifications, standards and any project specific requirements.
- Conducts pipe stress analysis and determine structural and pipe support loads.
- Ensures that each design meets the seismic and wind load requirements of the site.
- Produces structural calculations.
- Takes full responsibility of structural design including specification compliance, coordinating with structural designers, and liaising with external structural consultants.
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of the modular plant.
- Provides technical support to business development and marketing for bids and proposals, such as layouts, material estimates and specification review.
- Prepares or reviews structural specification and necessary control documents based on project execution plan prior to commencement of any engineering or design activities.
- Prepares design deliverables including calculations, specifications, schedules, and layouts to enable procurement, supply, fabrication, installation and construction to take place.
- Supports and organizes vendor technical clarification meetings.
- Undertakes factory supervision work or site supervision work when required.
- Provides technical assistance to the project team as required (e.g. subcontract evaluation, scope definition, design layout etc.).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical capacity.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Regular trips to the Fabrication Shop for observation and support may be necessary which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and head protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The employee must be able to bend, climb, stoop, or stretch as required to examine fabricated components at the site or fabrication shop.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated 15% travel for this position. Some occasional local day travel may also be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Professional Engineer Registration with the ability to become registered in Florida.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in Power Plant, Industrial Plant design or similar working experience.
- Familiar with local and international codes and standards, regulations and implementations.
- Familiar with design procedure and coordination with other disciplines.
- Familiar with engineering deliverables and level of detail requirements at different stages of a project.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- Proficient in the use of STAAD or similar structural computer software.
- Knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD preferred).
- Knowledge of Advanced Steel modelling software.
Must be authorized to work in the United States and have current passport.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.