Operations Manager (Must have a PE) Electrical Distribution and Substations
Latitude, Inc. Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is subject to supervision of progress and results. Among the incumbent’s major responsibilities are the following:
- Energetically support the organization’s vision and strategy and demonstrate initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
- Exhibit the highest day to day standards and demonstrate the highest level of business ethics and consistently adheres to and promotes key values and principles in all transactions.
- Communicates with the client to ensure that the employees of our client Engineering under their area of responsibility are all productive and responsive to the needs of the client.
- Assists in the transition of new employees to the area through orientation, assisting in logistics, and training on our client Engineering and/or client specific procedures, policies, and tools.
- Meets regularly with the appropriate client supervision/management to review the effectiveness of our service to the client and to address client concerns.
- Works closely with Our clients Manager, VP, and PE in responsible charge to coordinate efforts and assure that all local, state, and federal codes associated with engineering services are being adhered to as well as to the client’s standards.
- Communicates with Our Client’s employees under their area of responsibility to ensure that all are productive, making reasonable progress in their classifications, and assists in addressing and bringing forth any employee concerns to management.
- Directs project workflow.
- Regularly communicate with the Manager or VP on issues, activities, and accomplishments.
- Will ascertain from the client, the customer satisfaction survey for Our clients employees under their area of responsibility that are in staff augmentation positions.
- Provide formal employee appraisals for assigned employees within area of responsibility with the approval of the Manager or VP.
- Assist the Manager or VP and corporate personnel in the marketing of our clients Engineering’s design/engineering services to existing clients or solid prospects within the assigned area and will assist in the secondary marketing of our client’s Engineering’s services to the client. Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Will be responsible for approving all employee timesheets in their respective area, ensuring accuracy and submission in a timely manner.
- May be deployed on a periodic basis and have the responsibilities as the Field Manager during major storm event deployments.
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and planning skill
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
- Demonstrated management and business skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Proven success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
Education, Licensing and Experience:
- Graduate with two-year degree in an Engineering Technology or related field and/or minimum of five years of related communications or distribution experience.
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.