Latitude, Inc. Columbia, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing Technology company looking to hire a strong. Sr. Mechanical Engineer.
• Design robust enclosure boxes for in-house PCB's conforming to durability requirements.
• Serve as an Electronic Packaging Design Engineer under the Electronics Packaging Delivery lead or packaging engineer for JPL flight project.
• Strong Knowledge of Thermal Management in ECU design.
• Work in a collaborative environment to design, analyze, build and test of the electromechanical subsystem or system on JPL flight projects.
• Interface with electrical engineers, system mechanical engineers, Manufacturing engineers for machine shop and electronic fabrication, quality assurance engineers to develop solutions to resolve discrepancies with hardware fabrication.
• Define and scope tasks and acquire resources to complete a task on time and budget.
• Lead teams in a collaborative environment to design, analyze, develop support equipment for the project and research applications.
• Lead design reviews.
• Interface with engineers, designers, analysts, machine shop, and project staff.
• Work independently and under the direction of the group supervisor, project management, technical leads, and proposal managers as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent experience. (Master’s Preferred)
• 3+ years of applicable hardware design experience.
• Practical experience in using advanced application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in mechanical design, ability to solve packaging engineering mechanical design problems, perform trade studies, develop design requirements, perform piece part design and coordinate fabrication,assembly, and qualification of hardware.
• Familiarity with drafting tools: SolidWorks, Draftsight, Visio (Or similar Application)
• Thorough understanding of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions
• Rapid Prototyping
• 3-D Modeling and Printing
• Advanced knowledge in one or more related fields of the following areas: design of printed wiring boards and electronic enclosure/chassis, manufacturing and assembly of printed wiring boards and cable harnesses.
• Practical knowledge of design, build, assembly and test (IBAT) process
• Expertise in latest manufacturing process, Design for Manufacturing, 3D Printing technology
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.