Mechanical Engineer (DC)
Latitude, Inc. Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the DC area
- Collaborate with others on the project team to prepare and maintain project presentations, documentation and project schedules.
- Conduct site surveys to investigate existing building systems and document facility performance information including utility data and facility usage.
- Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed cost estimates for implementation of energy-efficient building systems.
- Evaluate technologies and equipment; recommend most suitable for each application.
- Prepare/oversee engineering design and development of bid documents to support installation of projects in accordance with design-build requirements.
- Coordinate with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
- Manage project expenditures and job cost accounting including documentation, approvals, tracking, and reporting for engineering and construction effort.
- Provide daily administrative and technical on-site management of construction projects delivering energy savings for public, institutional, industrial, government, and commercial customers.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes.
- BSME or equivalent four-year technical engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience focusing on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, etc. with HVAC, building controls and automation, and/or energy services.
- Demonstrated work experience is preferred, with one or more of the following efficiency disciplines - direct digital energy controls systems, variable frequency drives, high efficiency motors, central plant chiller and boiler installations, lighting retrofits, and renewable energy technology.
- Proven experience with OSHA safety standards, mechanical and electrical systems development, engineering, and project management regulations, practices, and codes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and foster positive business relationships.
- Strong verbal, written, computer, technical communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to gather, validate, and analyze quantitative data.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD.
- Valid Drivers’ License in good standing
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.