Jr. Security Engineer (Secret Clearance)
- Expired: December 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performs internal security assessments using manual and automated tools such as ACAS Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, RedSeal, ConfigOS and STIG Viewer; experienced with documenting remediation recommendations from internal audits ensuring information systems meet the requirements of Federal Government policies, standards, and guidelines from FISMA, RMF, CNSSI, NIST, and FedRAMP. Creates and updates POA&Ms from vulnerability scans, NIST SP800-53 rev4 and CNSSI No. 1253 security controls.
- Shift for this position is Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Salary: $80,000 - 100,000/year
- Active Secret Clearance Required
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide security engineer support, including conducting market research, evaluating products, and providing prototyping, integration, development, deployment, recapitalization, and O&M support for a variety of software, computing, and networking technologies.
- Ensures the orchestration of the operations of all security software, computing, and networking technologies within the support infrastructure.
- Provide O&M support for security software tools, security computing, and networking infrastructure devices and systems.
- Create and maintain standard tool Engineering Design Documentation and Test Plans for new and existing security applications and hardware.
- Create Diagrams of Transition to Operational Support for new or revised solutions. This documentation encompasses the entire end-to-end configuration flow diagram and describes all solution elements.
- Test the security features of point products being acquired by stakeholders at the request of the Government.
- Perform work under supervision, as necessary.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- 2+ years of experience supporting the Federal Government in IT Security, Network / Systems Administration, technical writing, and hardware / software integration.
- Must have a CompTIA Security+ CE certification in ACTIVE status.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
AddressFalls Church, VA
EngineeringView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.
Get fresh SCAP jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.