Electronic Security Systems Designer
- Posted: January 20, 2022
- $80,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Salary: $80,000 - 100,000/year
We have an opportunity for an experienced Electronic Security System Design to join our team. Qualified candidates will have design engineering experience as well as implementing systems including Physical and Logical Access Control, Intrusion Detection, Networking Monitoring, CCTV, and Perimeter Protection, Audio Visual, and Networking. You will participate in Engineering Quality Assurance and Quality Control peer reviews and constant capabilities development to ensure implementation of quality systems. In addition, you will coordinate with other disciplines and interface directly with the project manager and the customer.
- Performing site surveys and data analysis, systems verification and validation testing including Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Pre-Installation and Test Check-Out (PITCO), and System Operational Verification Tests (SOVT).
- Develop Installation Design Plans (IDP) in AutoCAD and REVIT 2018 or later.
- Ability to use SysML to facilitate Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) requirements.
- Designing security system architecture for ACS, IDS, CCTV, LAN and WAN topologies for security systems including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Integrate security systems with VMWare, Windows, Unix operating systems using vendor Software Development Kits (SDK).
- Providing engineering escalation support for project and operational environments as well as Certification and Accreditation of networks and platforms to DISA standards.
- Identifying and resolving field device and system application and interoperability issues.
- Assist in mentoring junior engineers.
- Supporting proposal efforts by researching and recommending quality equipment, systems, and standards.
- 3+ years of experience in design engineering role, consulting engineering preferred, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of ESS, communications, audio visual, networking, and electrical facility projects.
- Working knowledge of design software, to include: Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD, and MS Office.
- 1+ years of experience conducting onsite installations at DOD facilities.
- Must have the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
Powered by JazzHR
AddressTysons Corner, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.