Electrical Engineer (Must Have PE)
Latitude, Inc. Newark, DE
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Client is seeking candidates with a wide range of design and engineering experience with building electrical systems including lighting systems, power and emergency power distribution systems; fire alarm systems; security; CCTV and access control; and communication systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design projects in accordance with client specifications and guidelines, using design software and drawing tools.
- Prepare and compile contract plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Attend meetings with clients.
- Collaborate with internal team members
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced cooperative team environment spanning across multiple offices.
- Desire to participate and excel with a broad range of project types, roles, customers, and tasks.
- Understanding and application of NEC, IBC and NFPA codes for completing electrical design work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering from an ABET Accredited University program is required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- PE license is required.
- 5-8 years of experience related to electrical power distribution, power generation, and motor controls, lighting and lighting controls, fire alarm design, telecommunications network design, or security systems design.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk’s CADD, Autodesk’s REVIT, or Bentley’s MicroStation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Electrical Modeling Software, SKM Power Tools or ETAP, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Lighting Modeling Software, AGI 32 or ElumTools, is preferred.
- Familiarity with electrical testing apparatus is preferred.
- Active security clearance or ability to pass a polygraph is preferred.
Work is performed within a general office environment 90% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required as needed.
Regional travel (generally within 90 miles) will occasionally be required for meeting attendance, field survey and construction verification activities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Job Proficiency
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Latitude, Inc.