We are seeking a tier 2 desktop support position and as such will require knowledge of various software applications as well as basic knowledge of hardware and peripherals. As this is a customer facing position the right individual must possess excellent customer service skills. This ideal individual must be able to work with minimal supervision, is a self-starter, uses good judgement, and has attention to details.
The goal of this position is to respond to various requests in a timely fashion via email, telephone, and in person. This position will attempt to resolve requests and/or gather information required to escalate the request to the appropriate group within the Information Technology department.
This position is also required to provide training materials and conduct training sessions regarding basic operation of computer software and hardware, such as Microsoft Office applications, and or operating systems. This position must be comfortable interacting with other staff members and display confidence in presenting their assigned training sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in answering various questions that come to the Client Services area for technical and non-technical assistance.
- Track incoming requests for support of the ticketing software.
- Comfortable with using multiple web browsers and configurations
- Communicate technology matters to requesters in easy-to-understand terms.
- Provide orientation training presentations and documentation on new and existing software applications developed and designed for academic and administrative use.
- Setup and move IT equipment for special events
- Perform first line support
- Perform any additional tasks that may be assigned by the Client Services/Training Coordinator.
- Ensure that all IT management related matters remain confidential.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to find resolutions to issue.
- Associates/BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years customer service experience
- At least one year of training experience. Preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Previous help desk experience in a higher education environment is a plus