Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Specialist II
Our Data Warehouse (BI) Specialist II will be responsible for working in a small Agile BI team to develop top-to-bottom BI system solutions, with a specialty in ETL development and support using Microsoft SSIS and T-SQL. You will perform all development tasks for ETLs, including gathering ETL requirements; doing ETL design, coding, and testing; creating any necessary documentation; performing ETL deployments; and supporting live ETLs. You will also work with other BI specialists on the agile team, including analysts, BI architects, and front-end tool/report developers.
The role involves working directly with business stakeholders to create and gather BI requirements and negotiate BI solutions, while focusing on putting working reporting and stimulating solutions into the hands of our stakeholders.
A successful Data Warehouse (BI) Specialist II will:
• Work directly with business stakeholders and other agile IT team members, to create/gather BI requirements and negotiate BI solutions.
• Design and develop complex BI solutions in an mid-size enterprise IT environment, from back-end components and processes, through-and-including front-end user-interaction components.
• Work with other IT specialists as necessary, including other IT analysts, developers, database architects, and systems engineers.
• Work with other BI architects and enterprise architects, to develop an overall BI technical strategy.
• Perform thorough analysis of database, service, and file-based data sources, as a critical input to ETL design.
• Create and modify SQL Server database artifacts, including tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures, using DDL. Create deployment scripts.
• Create, manage, monitor, and optimize SSIS ETL packages. Manage and monitor job schedules.
• Record BI requirements and design, utilizing industry-standard documentation techniques such as modeling.
• Support live BI processes, including: a) creating/changing BI process schedules, and b) monitoring and troubleshooting BI processes, such as data loads, transformations, rollups, and reorganizations.
Required Experience includes:
• Design and implement complex, multi-step ETLs using SSIS, pulling from multiple source systems and source types
• Perform data profiling, data mapping, and data quality validation
• Monitor live ETLs; tune and optimize ETL performance
• Write SQL and develop stored procedures rapidly, using T-SQL
• Troubleshoot and correct SSIS packages
• Knowledge of data warehouse design concepts such as star and snowflake schema design, and slowly-changing dimensions
• Utilize 3rd party products to facilitate ETL analysis and monitoring (preferred)
Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to clearly explain both business and technical concepts related to business intelligence management, verbally and in written and/or diagrammed form; strong motivation to negotiate, design, and implement practical BI solutions for all stakeholders
• Ability to effectively manage BI work assorted with multiple projects going on in parallel, including working with many individuals in both varying technical and business roles; strong ability to work productively and happily in a typically stressful, modern corporate environment
- -Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in IT systems development.
- -3 years of ETL development and support experience with SQL Server
- -Multiple iterations of ETL, data store, and data cube development.