As Business Intelligence Analyst, you will have a high degree of ownership and responsibility to inform some of the company’s biggest decisions. You will be a change agent who is passionate about data, analytics, and communicating insights to bring hidden narratives and ideas to life.
You will mine and analyze data from our platform (including user interactions, search habits, product usage, marketplace, and transaction data), customer attributes, and marketing campaigns, and use our BI system to build dashboards, conduct analyses, and summarize insights to drive decisions. Your work will span the organization, working with teams such as Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Product Management. Success in this role will come from being a creative, highly quantitative, and details-obsessed person who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Acquire, compile, and use data from a variety of sources to influence strategy and inform decisions across the company.
- Lead analytics for the Marketing team through reporting, dashboards, and statistical analyses, and capture insights from marketing campaign data.
- Support Sales and Customer Success by studying product usage patterns, proactively identifying customers who may be under-utilizing products or functionality, and identifying new customers.
- Support Product Management team by collecting and analyzing data on user behavior to uncover value drivers and recommend product improvement opportunities.
- Help define metrics/KPIs for new product features and build automated dashboards that can display those KPIs for internal stakeholders.
- Steer the functionality of our data and analytics product.
- Help ideate and analyze A/B testing experiments to increase efficiency with marketing campaigns and improve user experience within our products
- Go beyond the data and analysis to propose concrete business decisions and next steps, and coordinate this across departments with strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to portray complicated subjects to a variety of audiences.
Core Requirements / Capabilities
- Powerful SQL skills. Much of the data on our platform is accessible in our SQL environment.
- Data exploration skills. You will need to be able create your own data sets, run queries, and look for insights within very different types of data.
- Ability to build automated dashboards. Delivering key metrics is core to this role, along with the ability to learn a business intelligence platform and work within it.
- Strong communication skills. Communicating your insights to teams across the company the key deliverable of this role.
- Basic business acumen. Understanding the bigger picture is critical to asking the right questions before an analysis and providing insights afterwards.
- High degree of ownership, initiative, and independence. You will have freedom to explore and run with the ball in this role and will often be asked to independently execute on projects.
- 2+ years in an analytical role. Having prior experience within marketing or business intelligence will greatly accelerate your success in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably in a quantitative field, with track record of high achievement.
- Data visualization skills. Experience with Sisense, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization tools, and the ability to transform the results of SQL queries into results that non-technical people can understand.
- Data manipulation skills using Python/R. We will have some projects that SQL/Excel can’t handle.