Roles & Responsibilities:
This position regularly communicates to internal and external customers to achieve a mutually desirable outcome. This position will make recommendations to internal parties and customers in regard to concerns or issues, and ensure resolution of any problems working closely in conjunction with assigned clients. This position will regularly communicate answers to questions and respond to detailed inquiries about issues. This position handles and is expected to protect all internal and external confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining and coordination of all web events both at client headquarters and client regions
• Networking and setup of studio equipment including streaming media players for web events
• Assist in keeping studio clean and properly inventoried when in use
• Provide exceptional level of customer satisfaction
• Coordinate production elements as defined by the client and document events as required by our client
• Collaborate with client to help define short- and long-term resource plan to provide technical support for future productions
• Ensure process/procedures are documented and communicated to all end users
• Responsible for knowledge of and adherence to all internal policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned by the client within relation to the operations and fulfillment of the mission of the broadcast studio.
Must have very strong technical knowledge of Broadcast studio/control rom hardware and software to troubleshoot and resolve any problems or issues that arise
• Operates control room equipment during rehearsal, broadcast and taping sessions
• Performs routine maintenance to ensure continuity or studio operations
• Ensures the closed captioning signal is broadcasting
• Maintains a friendly and supportive attitude.
• Provides technical support to the Studio Manager on logistics and other multi-media issues.
• Assists in providing tours of the client broadcast studios.
• Maintains broadcast and test logs.
• Sets up the studios, props and backdrops, microphones, lights, etc. to support a variety of broadcasts and taping sessions.
• Provides content and compresses videos for Video on Demand (VOD).
• Lights sets using various techniques in the Studio and on location.
• Operates location audio and video equipment.
• Edits screen captures and interactive tutorials using Captivate and Articulate.
• Creates animated lower thirds using After Effects and Chyron Lyric.
• Creates other multi-media projects using Captivate and Articulate.
• Edits scripts using Autoscript Teleprompter Software and Microsoft Word.
• Operates a GrassValley 1ME switcher and uses keying or matting for green-screen effects.
• Operates remote control studio cameras.
• Creates video productions for DVD.
• Provides DVD copies of broadcasts or parts of broadcasts
• Edits and conforms content as necessary with Adobe Suite.
• Serves as a “virtual technician” to other studios by completing editing, retouching, video compression, and other tasks remotely.
Skills & Abilities
• Must have 5 years of experience in Broadcast Engineering OR
• Associate's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Networking, or related engineering field plus 3 years' experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Networking, or related engineering field plus 1 years' experience in broadcst engineering.
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Ability to works well in a team environment and work independently a must
• Flexible in changing situations
• High levels of Professionalism and Integrity
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• A team player with the ability to learn our client’s business
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking
• Limited weekend and/or night work may be required
• Must be willing to complete background checks and drug screen as required by current or future contracts
Education & Qualifications:
• 1-3 years experience in a customer service area
• AA Degree or equivalent experience in a technical subject is desirable
• Use of software applications (Microsoft Office 2003 Suite) in conjunction with desktop publishing and manipulation graphs, spreadsheets, etc.
• Knowledge of Quark Express Passport Edition software.
• Knowledge of MacroMedia Suite in the development and production of unique videos for use with the internet/intranet and other digital products.
• Knowledge of Dream Weaver
• Bi-Lingual capability is a plus.
• Knowledge of Corel Software
• Knowledge of Adobe CS3 Suite used in conjunction with graphic design and desktop publishing
Powered by JazzHR