Working with a client in the DC area who is looking for an Accountant. Client is a Non-Profit located in the DC Metro area. Must have Non-Profit Accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent related experience.
- Strong working experience with GL/AP/AR
- Strong QuikBooks experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting skills including financial statements, computer systems and software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team oriented with the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Experience in Grant Accounting with monthly tracking of burn rate, including ability to research issues and preparation of budget amendments as needed.
- Experience working with outside auditors.
- Experience and ability to analyze and interpret financial data, and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, prioritize multiple projects and meet or exceed deadlines in delivering solid deliverables.
- Experience in a people-oriented, fast paced and changing environment
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges, and to think critically, and provide and explain alternatives clearly
- Nonprofit sector experience and interest in mission-based organization required
- Strong emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
Powered by JazzHR