- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Esperanza Program will provide foster care services, other related services, and release to sponsor services for Unaccompanied Children.
JOIN US AND SUPPORT YOUTH TO LIVE, WORK, AND STUDY WITH DIGNITY, HOPE, AND JOY!
LAYC/MMYC is an organization that makes a difference in our community. We invite you to join our talented staff and become a part of an organization that is known for its commitment to excellence, mission, and respect for youth. We value diversity as a strength, with 85% of our staff identifying as people of color. We prioritize recruiting and supporting staff who have shared life experiences as our youth.
LAYC/MMYC’s mission is to empower a diverse population of youth to achieve a successful transition to adulthood, through multicultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths' social, academic, and career needs. To achieve that mission, LAYC/MMYC provides services and opportunities to approximately 5,000 individuals annually to support academic achievement, promote healthy behaviors, and guide youth toward successful adulthood. LAYC/MMYC also conducts advocacy and public policy work to broaden opportunities for youth.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: $20.83 per hour
SCHEDULE: 8 hours/3 days a week.
In addition to a friendly work environment, we are pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees.
- Sick leave accrual for PT positions
- Meets daily transportation needs of Unaccompanied Children, such as transport to LAYC anchor site and locations for other relevant medical, legal, etc., appointments.
- Maintains transportation schedule.
- Knows and follows the driving laws of the city, including, but not limited to carrying a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration while driving, and completing child safety seat training offered by the local department of motor vehicles.
- Ensures that all registration and insurance are current and on the vehicle at all times.
- Keeps a maintenance schedule of all program vehicles and is responsible for keep vehicles clean.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have at least 8 years of driving experience and excellent driving record.
- Must submit a copy of valid driver’s license and clean driving record dating back seven years.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of community and local resources.
- Flexible schedule, including occasional evenings.
- Bilingual or fluent/proficient: English and Spanish required.
- Complete criminal and child abuse/neglect clearances.
- Flexible, energetic, positive individual with commitment to youth development in a high quality, respectful environment.
- Ability to work well and communicate with culturally diverse populations.
- LAYC/MMYC requires the COVID-19 vaccine of all its employees. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination at the time of your interview and at your onboarding.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
LAYC/MMYC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Latin American Youth Center
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Latin American Youth Center
Get fresh Information Release Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.