Executive Asst To CEO
- Posted: over a month ago
Latin American Youth Center/ Maryland Multicultural Centers
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
President and CEO
Washington, DC - Kaplan Building
The Executive Assistant supports essential functions of the President & CEO (“Executive”) and promotes Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) by representing the Executive internally and externally and serving as the liaison between the executive senior staff, and employees.JOIN US AND SUPPORT YOUTH TO LIVE, WORK, AND STUDY WITH DIGNITY, HOPE, AND JOY!
LAYC/MMYC is an organization that makes a difference in our community. We invite you to join our talented staff and become a part of an organization that is known for its commitment to excellence, mission, and respect for youth. We value diversity as a strength, with 85% of our staff identifying as people of color. We prioritize recruiting and supporting staff who have shared life experiences as our youth.
LAYC/MMYC’s mission is to empower a diverse population of youth to achieve a successful transition to adulthood, through multicultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths' social, academic, and career needs. To achieve that mission, LAYC/MMYC provides services and opportunities to approximately 5,000 individuals annually to support academic achievement, promote healthy behaviors, and guide youth toward successful adulthood. LAYC/MMYC also conducts advocacy and public policy work to broaden opportunities for youth.COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
In addition to a friendly work environment, we are pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with prescription coverage
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Voluntary long-term disability and supplemental life insurance
- Matching 401(k) program beginning at hire
- Ten days paid vacation leave per year, increasing to 20 with tenure, 12 days paid sick leave per year, 12 paid holidays per year
- Eight weeks paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care
- Health club discounts
- One to two days per week of telework for most positions
- Supports Executive by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; preparing reports; maintaining meeting records.
- Maintains Executive's schedule by arranging internal and external meetings, site visits, events, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the Executive and LAYC by attending meetings and speaking for the Executive at external events or meetings, as requested, in the Executive's absence.
- Prioritizes high volume of competing needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive and LAYC departments.
- Works closely with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments; acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place across LAYC programs and staff and keeping the executive updated.
- Provides a broad range of administrative support for the senior management team in coordination with the Executive, as needed.
- Support work with the Board of Directors.
- Supports the CEO with working relationships with local, regional, and national coalitions, community partners, government agencies, legislative staff, and other stakeholders to advance LAYC’s goals through Advocacy efforts.
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities to enhance the delivery of LAYC’s services and advance its mission; links individuals, pro bono partners, and various stakeholders with opportunities.
- Leads evaluation of volunteer opportunities, identifying and proposing improvements as necessary.
- Oversees compliance with policies and procedures to guide the volunteer opportunities offered.
- Analyzes the annual impact and financial value of volunteers; reports results to the Executive, senior management, staff, and board of directors/associate board.
- Minimum associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing administrative needs for a program, project, or executive.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated effective and professional oral and written communication and in-depth research skills.
- Ability to work well and communicate with culturally diverse population.
- Notary Public certification, or willingness to obtain certification upon hire.
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, e.g., Zoom, Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint, Google Calendar, Microsoft 365, etc.
- Handles and maintains confidential matters appropriately and with complete discretion.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as events or meetings require.
- Demonstrated commitment to LAYC’s organizational mission and values.
- Complete criminal and child abuse/neglect clearances.
- Flexible, energetic, positive individual with commitment to youth development in a high quality, respectful environment.
- LAYC/MMYC requires the COVID-19 vaccine of all its employees. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination at the time of your interview and at your onboarding.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
LAYC/MMYC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Latin American Youth Center
BusinessView all jobs at Latin American Youth Center