Delivery Driver / Helper
Last Mile Transports, LLC Springfield, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
** OPEN HOUSE / ON-SITE INTERVIEWS (Mon thru Wed 10:00 am – 1:00 pm) **
**Effective 6/1/2021: Driver Rate: $18.50 / Helper Rate: $15.50
Last Mile Transports
DC, Maryland, and Virginia Area
Last Mile Transports, an authorized Delivery Service Partner for Amazon Logistics, is currently hiring for reliable Full-time Driver/Mover with good work ethic and good performance. 16’ and 24’ Box truck are the primary vehicles for deliveries and/or pick up. If you have delivery/moving experience and/ or driving medium size trucks, we have the work for you. Make your 35 to 40 hours a week doing good work.
Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for deliveries. Duties include loading, delivering, unpacking, receiving, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and verifying customers’ pickups or deliveries.
DRIVER JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Drive 16’ and 24 Box Trucks to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes to ensure vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read GPS and follow geographic directions.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statement in accordance with regulations.
- Return bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
HELPERS ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Compares contents and counts, weighs & measures items of incoming/outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders, & other records.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage areas.
- Stack or pile materials such as pads, boxes, etc.
- Reading documents, such as work orders, bill of ladings, and shipping orders.
- Determine which items should be moved, gathered, distributed, and/or picked up.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with counting and verifying inventory
- Observes and adheres to all safety rules and regulations
- Operate hand truck and pallet jack
- High School Graduate or GED
- 18 years or older (Driver Candidates must be 21 years old or older)
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Ability to count, add, and subtract in all units of measure using whole numbers
- Time Management – The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player and has a commitment to company values
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Relatively high level of analytical ability to solve complex problems
- High level attention to detail
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
B. Physical Demands
- Sitting/ Standing 10 hrs/day
- Walking/ Lifting 10 hrs/day
- Twisting/ Bending
- Pushing, Pulling, Stretching, Reaching, and Climbing 10 hrs/day
- Able to lift 75 to 100 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
C. Working Conditions/Environment
- Outside working conditions in extreme weather
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 /hour (**Effective 6/1/2021: Driver Rate: $18.50 / Helper Rate: $15.50)
Last Mile Transports, LLC
6885 Commercial DriveSpringfield, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Last Mile Transports, LLC