The Plant Manager will Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution, and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Oversee rental property activities where applicable.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review plans and confer with research and support staff to develop new products and processes.
- Responsible for safety program, environmental issues and plant security
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Champion cost cutting measures including energy, labor and material handling costs.
Competencies and Abilities
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen their specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communicate to all levels of management
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university)
- 4 -10 years related experience
We offer a competitive starting wage plus a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low cost health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Telemedicine program
- Voluntary additional life
- Dental & vision plans
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.