Position Available: Medical Front Office / Appointment Scheduler
Position Description: Responsible for greeting and checking in/out patients for a high volume medical practice. Accountable for collecting payments and ensuring everything balances at the end of the shift. Operate high call volume clinic phone system, provides patients with appointments. Enter new patient demographics accurately.
- Greet patients professionally and check them in and/or out.
- Scan new patient paperwork.
- Schedule patient appointments while following all physician’s specific requirements
- Get updates from existing patients and make changes in their records
- Work bumped list as assigned
- Inform patients of past due balances
- Task/route messages to physicians and medical assistants
- Check batch accuracy at the end of every shift and fix and problems with monies collected the day before.
- Keep up with tasks assigned via Urocharts
- Performs related work as required
- Treat co-workers and patients with curtesy and respect.
- Assist other staff members and supports the team approach
- Arrive to work on time and be consistent with attendance
- Close office if needed.
- Willing to work overtime when requested
- Conduct self in accordance with Las Vegas Urology’s employee manual
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years front office / scheduling experience, preferably in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of front office operations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of phone and communication procedures
- Knowledge of the Practice Management System
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice
- Ability to deal with patients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a multi-task, high energy environment.
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to be proactive and initiate processes with little supervision
- Understanding of how other departments impact or are impacted by Scheduling
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Working in an office environment and requires sitting for a long period of time. Some bending, lifting and stretching required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life paid at 100% for employee only effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
- 401K and Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment.
- PTO accrual
- 7 paid holidays
Las Vegas Urology is the premier provider of urologic care in Southern Nevada. We offer outstanding physicians, state-of-the-art technology, comprehensive clinical facilities and create the best possible patient care experience.
We believe that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of our business. Las Vegas Urology wants dedicated and skilled employees to join our team.
Meet with Hiring Managers on June 27th! (Dress for Success)
Thursday, June 27th
9:30am – 1:00pm
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
9090 Alta Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89145