Urodynamic Technician (Bilingual)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and well-respected practice! Las Vegas Urology is currently seeking a detail-oriented Urodynamic Technician to join our team. Our employees work together supporting several clinics across the city and have been doing so for decades.
Las Vegas Urology offers a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life are paid at 100% for employee only effective the first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- 401K and Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment
- PTO accrual
- 7 paid holidays
Summary of Duties:
The Urodynamics Technician performs specialized investigative techniques using highly advanced urodynamic measuring equipment on patients with urinary problems in order to study, record and assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of urological disorders.
- Prepare patients for testing by explaining procedures; insert catheter into bladder/rectum of patients to prepare for testing; and operate procedure by using asepsis technique.
- Set up the necessary machines to measure and record the following procedures: urinary flow rates, cystometrograms, sphincter electromyography, pressure flow studies, urethral pressure profile, EMG of pelvic floor.
- Maintain records of all patients having urodynamic/voiding studies and record procedures performed; prepare a written report on all studies or treatments given during each shift.
- Irrigates urinary bladder and instills solutions or medications ordered by the Urologist; collects urinary specimens, swabs, and cultures from genital area as prescribed; and apply dressings or other treatments as ordered by the Urologist.
- Maintain the Urodynamic Laboratory, equipment, and supplies in good working condition.
- Urethral catheter insertion/removal, S/P catheter insertion/removal, Voiding trials, Bladder installations and teaching of self-catheterization.
- Room patients, stock rooms, set up and assist with procedures.
- Chart check: review of charts to prepare for the doctor.
- Follow all sterilization and clinical protocols.
- Answer incoming calls from patients and assist with any questions the patients might have.
- Listen to all voicemails by end of each day. Respond to emergent calls within 24 hours and 48 hours for non-emergent.
- Respond to all tasks in a timely manner.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, emailing, reviewing, and editing of documents, filing and record keeping.
- Perform related work as required.
- Maintain compliance books.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 months - 1-year medical assisting experience. (preferred).
- Certified Medical Assistant degree or ABR-OE from the AAMA (preferred but no required).
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of back-office procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice.
- Ability to work in a multi-task, high energy environment.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be proactive and initiate processes with little supervision.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
Requires standing and walking for periods of time. Some bending, lifting, and stretching required. Manual dexterity required for use of telephone and computer keyboard. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Position requires the ability to work in stressful situations. Involves contact with patients.
Las Vegas Urology LLP
AddressLas Vegas, NV
HealthcareView all jobs at Las Vegas Urology LLP